Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver of the race: Canadian Grand Prix

Options
  • 15-06-2011 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Just like the rate the race thread I wasnt able to get this online until now so who did everyone think was the star of Canada?

Driver of the race: Canada 50 votes

Sebastian Vettel
    0%
    Mark Webber
    2%
    heyjude 1 vote
    Lewis Hamilton
    0%
    Jenson Button
    0%
    Fernando Alonso
    52%
    mike65Slutmonkey57bandymanDinnerbbabilitydor83Scotty #Charlie-BravoGhost TrainMyrddinwobblesCookie_MonsterRayMSitecbrownacidDEVEREUXGlico ManbamboozlingIron HideSheeps 26 votes
    Felipe Massa
    0%
    Michael Schumacher
    0%
    Nico Rosberg
    44%
    CoyotevectraLIGHTNING[Deleted User]Goldstein11811smellslikeshoeslord lucanjohnnysmackEvilMonkeyNiall09KevskiGrim.frostie500blegmickdwDylanJMhotwhiskeyv3ttelweekaizer 22 votes
    Nick Heidfeld
    0%
    Vitaly Petrov
    0%
    Rubens Barrichello
    0%
    Pastor Maldonado
    0%
    Adrian Sutil
    0%
    Paul di Resta
    0%
    Kamui Kobayashi
    0%
    Pedro de la Rosa
    2%
    srfc d16 1 vote
    Sebastian Buemi
    0%
    Jamie Alguersuari
    0%
    Heikki Kovalainen
    0%
    Jarno Trulli
    0%
    Narain Karthikeyan
    0%
    Tonio Liuzzi
    0%
    Timo Glock
    0%
    Jerome D'Ambrosio
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Fernando Alonso
    Jenson for me :D

Maybe shouldn't have found himself up the inside of Alonso or got caught speeding behind the safety car, but kept his head and never looked like he wasn't in control under very tricky conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Fernando Alonso
    I hovered (sp?) over Schumi (and would love to have given him the vote) but you could not vote for Button. Again on a side note I actually think now its the machinery thats holding Schumacher back rather than his driving. Its not just on Canada I base this on. But in the last few races he seems to be getting it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fernando Alonso
    Jensen Button gets my vote, Best race of the season so far for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Nico Rosberg
    Heart ruled the head on this one but i had to go for Schumi. Great drive and only the Merc's crapiness in dry conditions and being mugged by DRS stopped him getting on the podium.

He looked in his element and i agree with the post above,the machinery is holding him back i reckon. He seems to be really getting into a groove now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Fernando Alonso
    lord lucan wrote: »
    Heart ruled the head on this one but i had to go for Schumi....
    I would have loved to see him get a podium but c'mon... from 19th to 1st after 5 trips through the pits and 2 collisions....

Has to be JB!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Nico Rosberg
    Scotty # wrote: »
    I would have loved to see him get a podium but c'mon... from 19th to 1st after 5 trips through the pits and 2 collisions....

Has to be JB!

Hence why my heart said Schumi despite the head saying Button.:)

Just delighted to see Schumi at the sharp end for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Nico Rosberg
    Schumi for me as well, great drive in a car that once slicks were useable showed just how off the pace it is. Great performance from Schumi.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Nico Rosberg
    I voted schumi. I was utterly delighted to see Button win and it at least starts paying back how he ws truely robbed in monaco but Schumi was on the move all day and lost out to the safety car not like vettel and still managed to drag himself up towards the front.
    Buttons drive was brilliant but his car was fantastic with a large degree of wet setup I believe and the many safety cars pretty much wiped out the time lost for all the pitstops & drive through.

So great drive Button but Schumacher was the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Fernando Alonso
    If Button hadn't of won then I'd be voting Schumi, but Button drove the race of his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Nico Rosberg
    Schumacher
    Damn that Merc.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Nico Rosberg
    Button drove really well in a car that Martin Whitmarsh claimed was "set up for the wet". Schumacher was back to his best, just a pity that slow merc and the double drs screwed his chances of some champagne....He gets my vote all the same. Also i think Massa deserves a mention, good to see him having a relatively good weekend just a pity the slicks caught him out...

Advertisement