Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate the race: Canadian Grand Prix

Options
  • 15-06-2011 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

I didnt get the chance to post this after the race but thought I might as well do it now so that we can have it for every race so far so that at the end of the year we can have a full view of what everyone thought of each race!

Rate the race: Canada 41 votes

0%
    29%
    Slutmonkey57bTCP/IPMagown3bbabilityScotty #Ghost TrainMenaRayMSheepsb.o.m.d.a.s.scoobyjackfreestyla 12 votes
    51%
    ZaphamacachiGoldsteinlord lucanEvilMonkeyspiritcrusherNiall09frostie500puddles22stevemc01jwcurtinGlico ManIron Hidehotwhiskey[Deleted User]weekaizerlosthorizonShay VaderLionbackerAutosport 21 votes
    7%
    ColumbiaGrim.Sean Quagmire 3 votes
    2%
    dor83 1 vote
    2%
    ZorbaTehZ 1 vote
    2%
    Cookie_Monster 1 vote
    2%
    TheChrisD 1 vote
    2%
    ro_chez 1 vote
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Very memorable race, best so far, went down to final lap, Schumacher up there fighting for a podium. Maybe the restart after the red flag was a bit controlled with too many safety car laps. Didn't like seeing the drivers being able to switch straight to inters when the safety car went in. Pity Hamilton was out early but only had himself to blame, needs to be a bit more measured with what he goes for and lucky he didn't ruin Jensons race as well as his own

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I gave it a 9. Excellent race however marred slighly by the too conservative approach taken by officials. If the safety car comes in and cars are immediately switching to intermediates something is wrong. Canada is a great track it reminds me of Australia when it rains or it gets wet. Even in the dry though canada is usually up there.

On a side note I would like to see Valencia in wet conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Gave it a 9. Was tempted for 10 but the SC faffing about stopped me. Not expecting too much from Valencia.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Gave it a 9 due to the start but i hovered over the 10 as the after the tea break it did turn out to be a great race :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

9 from me. Like many,the over judicious use of the SC detracted slightly from the race. That being said,it was the first race in a long time that had the adrenalin pumping and had me on the edge of the sofa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Great race, but the amount of over-officiating with the safety cars and massive red flag period; as well as all the supposed stewards investigations and the like really ruined it for me.

Going to score it "Come Dine with Me" style, and give it a 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Race was 9.5 but falling overweighted marshalls made it up a notch for a 10 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgmZ63Vummw

also in practice lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxVzuj6L9sY

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

5 from me, but mostly because of BBC. neutral enough score given what I managed to see. With BBC changing channel again the recording got ****ed up even though I had it well extended to allow for delays and so forth.

I saw up to the flag and to be honest a lot of that wasn't great, too much safety car, start was ridiculous.

Caught the last 15 laps on repeat on Setanta, the skipped 31 to 55 though in one ad break so didn't get to see much of the scene setting for the finale. Thus on viewing 55+ everything was disjointed and people suddenly all over the place.
    Ending was great, but once again ruined a bit but too much safety car.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Your rating it a 5 because you missed half the race?? Then you skipped a good part of it on the replay! I think your vote should be pulled from the results:pac:

I didn't skip on replay, feckin Setanta skipped it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

5 from me, but mostly because of BBC.

:confused:

Rate the race - not the TV Channel.

10 for me. First time I've stood up or shouted while watching F1 in a long long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Gave it a 9, great race only slightly marred by the 5 safety cars.

To the people giving it 4's and 5's, what kind of race would warrant a 10 from yous? Schumacher qualifying last and winning after 15 pitstops in the rain and on slick tyres and Kobayashi finishing second after overtaking 10 cars by driving over the top of them followed in 3rd by Bernd Maylander in a stolen McLaren 2013 1.6L prototype?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I gave it a 9. I wont give a race full marks until im on my death bed and i know i will never see a better race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

gave it an 8 while it was good for an f1 race its far from the best motor race ive ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TYJ

Best race i have ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Iron Hide wrote: »
    To the people giving it 4's and 5's, what kind of race would warrant a 10 from yous?

A race that isn't marred by annoying and stupid officiating, over-liberal use of the safety car, and with the drivers not being ponces and wimping out just because of a little water on the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

TheChrisD wrote: »
    A race that isn't marred by annoying and stupid officiating, over-liberal use of the safety car, and with the drivers not being ponces and wimping out just because of a little water on the track.

Wimping out.......

like this?
    b_hami_webb_montreal_2011-4.jpg

and this maybe?

a_start_vett_alon_montreal_2011.jpg

and of course Buttons 150mph pass on Webber through standing water on slick tyres, wimping out at its best there...

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Gave the race a 9 because of the excitement levels.. its been years since i screamed YES as i did when vettel half spun! i dont particularly like button but was just delighted to see vettel screw up.. very disappointed schumacher didnt hang on for a podium.. But i thought the double DRS was a fail, particularly as schumacher couldnt attempt to retake the positions webber and button took off him as they simply could pull away far too easily by being able to use it on the start/finish straight. would have been better if either there was a second "activation point" after the last chicane or no double drs at all... just my opinion...
    secondly, my god im getting tired of safety cars starting every race with rain... as martin brundle says "these are the best drivers in the world being payed astronomical wages and the crowd want to see them being challenged especially off the startline as lets face it, it is still IMO the most exciting moment of the race usually. Rant over, still a fascinating race which i thrououghly enjoyed!!:)

Advertisement