Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ernst and Young Grad Interview

Options
  • 15-06-2011 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi all,
    I have an interview and assessment with Ernst and Young in Dublin on Friday morning, I have searched some forums already regarding this process but I would like an Irish perspective on it? My interview and assessment test is for Transactions. I have been referred from a qualified friend who works there, do you think this will help in my process?
    many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Ernst and Young have the worst policy on study leave for the exams (compared to the other big four). Keep that in mind when applying there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 shanestallion

Thanks! I heard that alright, but I was too late in applying for pwc and deloitte and got a rejection from kpmg so anywhere at this stage will help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Without sounding condecending to you, if you are anyway competetant, confident and a well adjusted person you will do fine. TBH I don't think the bar is set very high for accountancy jobs in Ireland compared to say investment banking or quants jobs. EY are short of staff and need people anyway. The assessment is straightforward with a few multiple choice logic things and a handy strategic case study, interview is the standard competancy based one. Once you are in just pass your exams and you are grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 shanestallion

Nice one, thanks a lot. I really appreciate it. What is the deal with the case study? Do they give you all the information needed or do you have to prepare one yourself before you go in? They never mentioned anything about it over the phone or in the email. Ive been preparing for the last two days and will be doing so until friday morning anyway. I feel like Im back doing college exams all over again!

I would not be inclined to go down the quant maths route anyway and it seems the process is quite hard for say finance analysts with top banks.

Im presuming you have worked for one of the big 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

If you look at the threads from around september/october on this foru there is a load of stuff on big 4 interviews and application processes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement