Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€10 off when you spend €60 in Tesco

Options
  • 15-06-2011 3:54pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not a bad deal here - I've always intended to start doing the Tesco home delivery thing but for some reason it could never find my address, worked this time though so I think my next shop will save me €10 and the dreaded trip to the shops and back!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Is the €10 taken off the shop at the end when you pay or is it €10 credit for your next delivered shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

New customers only...is that someone who's never done a delivery before, or someone who never used that coupon site before?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Sunshine! wrote: »
    New customers only...is that someone who's never done a delivery before, or someone who never used that coupon site before?

Someone new to tesco delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭dinneenp

My wife tried to use this and found the site a nightmare; just was taking ages to scroll through each section, compare prices etc. So she gave up.

I heard that there's an IPhone app, if you're low on a product you scan it with your phone and it'll update it automatically to your shopping list. Quiet cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Matches

The iPhone App doesn't work in Ireland yet, Boooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Says it won't work because it has already been used the maximum number of times.

edit: I found a working version of the code. This link should be reliable for the code:

http://www.tesco.ie/eCoupon/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Cool,Might get a few special offers for them to bring to me out in the schticks.
    I've no house number though,Just the general area I live in is my address.Will that be a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

bradlente wrote: »
    Cool,Might get a few special offers for them to bring to me out in the schticks.
    I've no house number though,Just the general area I live in is my address.Will that be a problem?

the driver will usually ring you if he doesn't know where your house is so this won't be a problem and you can also put in direction on the address area

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

My delivery person has arrived two hours early, two hours late and on one occasion just left my groceries outside my front door! I find that they pick out the least fresh produce and most dinted cans too! Have often gotton stuff that is already out of date. I only order bottled water and cleaning products from them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭daheff

Lollymcd wrote: »
    I find that they pick out the least fresh produce and most dinted cans too! Have often gotton stuff that is already out of date. .

why does this not surprise me??? :eek:

I've regularily seen out of date produce in tesco. I get the feeling that a lot of the reasons that their produce is cheaper is because they get stuff with shorter 'in-date' times.

as for home deliveries...i'm not overly surprised that they send out the worst stuff (ie the stuff you wouldnt chose if you were in the shop) to people....otherwise they'd prob never sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LittleGarry

I have used this service on several occasions and I have to say have never had any serious issue. Delivery always arrived in allocated slot (apart from one time when I got a phone call the evening before to re-arrange which was fair enough), dates and product quality are normally OK too - I do remember getting a 12 pack of Actimel that expired within 7 days of delivery on one occasion - rang the customer service no - immediate refund credited to card. In general a very good service, maybe it depends which store you are getting your deliveries from - mine is Dundrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Def seems to depend which store it comes from. But DO ring the help line number they'll refund 'anything' you not happy with and you still keep it.

Stuff with a short life is on the top of the receipt so you can give it back to the driver for a refund if its no good to you.

Can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

rang the customer service no - immediate refund credited to card. In general a very good service

I once spent two months trying to get a refund for something the driver forgot to leave... was a complete song and dance which involved calling customer service about 8 times!!!
    wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Stuff with a short life is on the top of the receipt so you can give it back to the driver for a refund if its no good to you.

Can't go wrong.

Except when the delivery guy leaves the stuff outside your door two hours before he was due to be there and rings you in work to tell you it's there... arrrgh!!!
    wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Def seems to depend which store it comes from. But DO ring the help line number they'll refund 'anything' you not happy with and you still keep it.
    maybe it depends which store you are getting your deliveries from - mine is Dundrum?

My store is Clarehall, I definitely agree that it depends on the store as my parents have never had problems and they go through a different store. Glad other people have had success!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

used to have problems with tesco ardkeen 4 years ago veggies not fresh drivers late etc so i stopped doing it I tried again 2 years ago still tesco ardkeen and never have problems since then. I did got yoghurt that's going to expire the following day and some mispriced items I just emailed their customer service and get reply in 24 hours never have problems with refunds. I found that it's better than ringing their customer service. one time they credited me extra e5 for their mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

I shop in Clarehall too and only had delivery once. The delivery man was really helfpul as I just had had a baby and he helped me carry everything up the stairs. However, the price on a few items was wrong, some had been replaced by very expensive items (you can refuse them, but who can go through a full cart of shopping and a long receipt while the driver is waiting?) which I wouldn't have bought in the shop. The fruits and vegs were not up to my standards and I found that overall the benefits of delivery were outweighted by the time spent with the customer service to get a refund of the overpriced items.

Advertisement