Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Neighbours

Options
  • 15-06-2011 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Guys,

Not getting in to the detail but I have the worst neighbours on the planet.
    Busy-body, interferring, nasty, the type that look down their nose at you type.

Thinking that ignoring their interferances and nasty behaviour was the best thing to do I can no longer sit back and allow these people to victimise me and my family.

For the past 10 years each time my husband would come in complaining how our neighbours told him off for something ridiculous like washing his car or parking the wrong way, I always said just ignore it bla bla bla.

I'm at the point where I feel like selling up but I really don't want to do that.

But now the busy bodies have gone too far.
    It's payback time.

If they want to moan I will give them something to moan about.

Tomorrow morning I will leave my Boombox Music Player on as loud as possible when I go to work and I will turn if off when I come home.

I will then hose down my car for 5mins on the hour until 9pm.

That's as far as I got with the payback.
    I'm not really good at this.
    Anybody any ideas........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Maybe talk with them in a non-confrontational way :confused:

Your suggestions will only make things worse for both families

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Write them a strongly worded letter...................

Put David Grays " Please forgive me if I act a little strange " song on repeat on your boombox. My old flatmate used to wake me up every sat morn with this shoite on repeat. Out of respect I now leave fresh flowers on his grave every summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

You could write a letter to the council like you do about noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I have a neighbour that complains about non existant noise and keeps telling me hes going to tell my father what ive done (i dont live with my parents , 2 years later he still hasnt copped on to that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭DoubleBogey

Something with dog poo...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

have it out with them face to face. dont pussy foot around the issue deal with it. Doing what you suggested will just make them more annoyed and more intolerable

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

User15 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Not getting in to the detail but I have the worst neighbours on the planet.
    Busy-body, interferring, nasty, the type that look down their nose as you type.

Nosey fcukers!

Have two hoses going: one for your car, the other to blast them with p...

Oh wait, not allowed any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Something with dog poo...

In a burning brown paper bag on the doorstep?

I have a neighbour that complains about non existant noise and keeps telling me hes going to tell my father what ive done (i dont live with my parents , 2 years later he still hasnt copped on to that)

Jesus that would annoy me! I'd break a lease over that kind of thing. Tell him your Da wants to speak to him and send around your oldest looking mate to see what he says. Record it and report him as a nuisance.

That'll shut him up.

There's nothing I hate more than complaining neighbours. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭grumula

i'll trade ye fer mine, they're class, they psychically know when you have to get up early for work and celebrate by inviting 50 people home to take pills and listen to warb warb warb music with the subwoofers up to 11 in the room over yours until 11am, sometimes taking fag breaks and talking shíte outside your window and ringing your bell by mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

That's it OP provoke them to the point of explosion. Just be sure to have a witness when they do go postal so you can then report them. Brilliant idea.

grumula wrote: »
    i'll trade ye fer mine, they're class, they psychically know when you have to get up early for work and celebrate by inviting 50 people home to take pills and listen to warb warb warb music with the subwoofers up to 11 in the room over yours until 11am, sometimes taking fag breaks and talking shíte outside your window and ringing your bell by mistake.

that doesnt sound half bad at all

Join them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Surely just telling them to fcuk off when they complain to you about trivial sh1t would be a lot easier than blaring music and giving them more reasons to complain?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭grumula

wild_cat wrote: »
    Join them.

have done,
    can't always be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Yeah just tell em to f**k off if, worst they can do is complain to the council or whoever and if you really have done nothing wrong what do they have to complain about? Doesn't really sound like you will be losing out by falling out with them either.

wild_cat wrote: »
    Jesus that would annoy me! I'd break a lease over that kind of thing. Tell him your Da wants to speak to him and send around your oldest looking mate to see what he says. Record it and report him as a nuisance.

That'll shut him up.

There's nothing I hate more than complaining neighbours. Seriously.

i like the house, have no plans on leaving, the chaps a nutter , He called the council enviromental health officer because i had 5-6 sealed bags of dry waste in the back garden , yer wan from the council called round, I explained to her i was just waiting on pay day to go to the dump and she wrote 'complaint exagerated, no revisit needed' on her form

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

If they have a nice garden, salt it. Nothing will grow there again. Of course, I never did such a cruel thing to a vicious old git when I was younger...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I have great neighbours in the broader sense of things but it borders on them being too close, my immediate next door neighbours are a second family to me. great for 90% of things but I cant come/go, have anybody over etc without them knowing or at least asking.

they cut my grass for me though so im gonna shut up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

It sounds like you're the bad neighbour in this situation :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

TBF 11 am isn't exactly up for work early!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭sparks24

worst neighbours in the planet a bit much me thinks?

when your neighbours petrol bomb other people out of there houses for the laugh you could understand the post but chill out go and speak to them properly and be firm and after that if it dont work call the guards and dont take any bull**** from them cos i'd say they think your a bit of a walkover there just bullys stand up to them more than likely they'll will back down if there well to do kinda people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I know one guy at the moement who having just moved into a new neighbourhood is having some diy ie, plumbing , electricals ,plastering done on his house which involves some noise during the daytime including saturday . However ,miss goody two shoes next door has took it upon herself to complain of the noise and has took to filming him coming and going at his diy .

Now this a hard working , resonable man who would not deliberately set out to annoy anybody for the sake of it and he thinks it has more to do with the neighbour throwing her weight around ie ,how dare you just move in and improve on your house '' . So we have suggested to him to play her at her own game with the video camera explaining to her that he's just making sure she's keeping to the ' residental rules ' and we'll see how she likes it .

OP ,take a photo of your neighbours dog crapping on the street then send it off to the local council .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

My neighbour used to fling dog **** at our house.

Granted it was our dog's **** but there's a ditch on 2 sides of his house.

There are now 5 dogs in the area and they all **** in his garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

'Meh', it sounds to me as if the OP isn't being entirely forthcoming. And her petulant disproportionate response suggests she's the kind of ignorant person that is in all likelihood a selfish and inconsiderate neighbor.

She mentions things like 'criticizing her husbands parking', that could mean they are nitpicking, or it could mean he inconsiderately parks in a manner that makes it difficult for them to get their car out of the driveway which can be infuriating.
    There are any number of small disputes and inconsiderate actions than can build up into serious desputes between neighbors, try building bridges rather then burning them perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

User15 wrote: »
    Tomorrow morning I will leave my Boombox Music Player on as loud as possible when I go to work and I will turn if off when I come home.
    I'm already looking forward to your neighbour's thread tomorrow ""Neighbour from hell, help!"

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

stick your willie in their letterbox, works every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

macman2010 wrote: »
    stick your willie in their letterbox, works every time.
    Their family dogs going to enjoy that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Tell them to fcuk off and mind their own business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

jester77 wrote: »
    Maybe talk with them in a non-confrontational way :confused:

Your suggestions will only make things worse for both families

dont listen to this nonsense.

put a dead horses head on the bonnet of his car!

Advertisement