Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems/issues with NCI course results/assessment

Options
  • 15-06-2011 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi,

I completed a part-time course recently in NCI. There was no exam, just a presentation and a project submission. I received the results of the feedback and assessment however, there are some problems:
    1. The notes/comments and feedback as written by the lecturer are illegible. Other students in the class experienced the exact same problem. I contacted the relevant department and the notes are being transcribed for me. However, when I mentioned that the other students are experiencing the same problems and whether they can transcribe their respective notes/comments/feedback, they are unwilling to do this without an explicit request by each student. Does this seem fair? What can be done here if even that department are not willing to let all the students know that this transcription service is available?

2. The results I received were good but the problem I have is that they are contradictory and do not make sense. I do have the option to discuss the results with the lecturers and have a recheck. I would however, like a breakdown of the marking system but they seem unwilling to provide this. What options do I have to get an actual breakdown of the marking system used? What's the usual process involved to bring this matter to the attention of the relevant authorities within the college?

Thanks.

Advertisement