Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dometic service agent

Options
  • 15-06-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

anyone know where i can get my dometic fridge servicedaround the south east? there is a smell in the van when it is on gas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Symptoms as described below?
    Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    If your fridge isn't working well on gas , and in particular if you get a nasty , almost cloyingly sweet smell around it or from the vents, your flue is choked with carbon .
    This is common on fridges left on gas while driving , and also on modern fridges with separate freezers . The burner and flue need to be stripped , cleaned , and the jet cleaned or replaced . Beware , for Dometic/Electrolux fridges , there are 3 different jets!

Also , if its a home build , or one you've had to remove the fridge from , the rear of the fridge should be sealed from the inside of the van , and there should be a vent or two in the floor , near the burner .

You're friendly adria dealer in Ireland can help you there. www.pathoranmotors.com

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

thanks a bunch, where are they located?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Aglish, Borrisokane, Co. Tipperary

Check their website for a map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Recently had mine in for a recall.

Left it with Pat at Maynooth Motor Homes. Liked the service and he is an authorised dealer.

The following is from Dometic

Dear Mr ,

The dealers we have are as follows:

Leisure Technical Solutions - 07739 797 955
    simon@leisuretechnicalsolutions.co.uk
    Based in Dromore (BT25 1PH)

Maynooth Motorhomes - 0872419532
    Clonagh, Maynooth, Co. Kildare, Ireland
    www.maynoothmotorhomes.com

Munster Leisure Services - 0872361776
    info@munsterleisureservices.com
    Carrigcleena, Bweeng, Mallow, Co. Cork

If you have any other questions please contact me,

Kind Regards

Sarah

Dometic House, The Brewery
    DT11 9LS Blandford St Mary, England
    Phone: 0844 626 0133

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

well feck me... the Barstewards . WTF did I bother doing the training courses and getting the spares for if they decide not to include me ? Cos I've had to mop up the mistakes of people claiming to be service agents... what would you say to a so called "service agent" who uses a Thetford Thermocouple in a Dometic fridge? And who doesn't bother fitting the cooling unit recall modification kit, that Dometic sent boxes of to me , along with boxes of paperwork to fill out every time I do one?

Also there are , or at least used to be , more Dometic agents than them 3.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

btw , if you're up north , I'd highly recommend Leisure Tech . I speak to Simon every week , a gent and a genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭WildWater

Aidan_M_M wrote: »

btw , if you're up north , I'd highly recommend Leisure Tech . I speak to Simon every week , a gent and a genius.

Well I guess that narrows it down a bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

If you are in the sunny south east you could try Camping Crazy New Ross.

Advertisement