Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Vs Raw.. Where do you stand?

Options
  • 15-06-2011 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭

WWE-Smackdown-vs-Raw-2011-Logo.jpg

For me personally Smackdown has always been the WWE brand i gravitated towards. It always had the better Wrestling, great storylines and the best young talent.. Whether it was Brock vs Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, or the Straight Edge Society. Smackdown for me has been the thing that keeps me watching WWE..

Yet every single year from 2002 onwards when both brands seperated. Raw wouldout hestiation raid Smackdowns talent in the draft, and the Flagship show would take the Superstars (who was most likely on the asent up the ladder on Smackdown and viewed as a potential Main Eventer) and somehow chew him up and spit him out to lower midcard obsurity, whilst the same 3/4 members of the Raw roster would cling and clutch onto their respective spots..

Smackdown with the limited resources of talent post Draft, would after a few months of readjustment, always then somehow find a way trump Raw, and continue to build stars, and indeed be the better, more entertaining show..

Now in 2011, WWE is trying to build for the future, yet Raw still continues to chew up and then spit out Talent.. Whilst Smackdown ALWAYS finds a way to create the Superstars that Raw missuses and then either fade away or get future endevoured..

So which show do you prefer??

WHICH WWE SHOW DO YOU PREFER? 6 votes

RAW
    0% 0 votes
    SMACKDOWN!
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

RAW; the storyline show. As much as SD has better wrestling; i just don't care about the vast majority of their roster. Even though you get a 10-minute Daniel Bryan match most weeks; I couldn't care less about Drew McItyre vs Trent Barretta, Big Zeke, Usos etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I prefer Smackdown most of the time as the show always feels like it has a direction. Raw can be chaotic and many get lost if they are not in the main event. Even Edge suffered on Raw. Smackdown tends to promote wrestlers that I like very well. I'm thinking of CM Punk, Rey, Eddie, Edge etc. Now they have Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton and Sin Cara. I enjoy them all and they are getting decent pushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Always been Raw. Its always been stronger. Also has the post-PPV thing going for it. Always a strong roster too, while Smackdown has often been through the years nothing better than 'meh'.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Smackdown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Smackdown!

oh wait I forgot they dropped the exclamation mark :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

SmackDown without a doubt. Much better wrestling show, always comes up with new & interesting feuds, even when it's given the bare end of the roster and treated like a joke in the annual draft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Both horrific when it comes to consistency. Both have their good points but I'd have to say RAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Raw gets better pushes and stories.
    Raw gets all the big money and guest hosts e.e Stone Cold, The Rock.
    Production values for Raw are pretty sweet.

BUT

I can't remember the last time there was a 15-20 minute comedy segment on Smackdown.
    Smackdown also had the Smackdown Six back when Paul Heyman was around.
    Smackdown has Undertaker, and had Edge.
    Smackdown used to have a huge goddamn fist breaking out of the entrance ramp.
    We can see every single botch watching Raw, the edit them out for Smackdown.

Smackdown wins!

Advertisement