Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad-asses in Wrestling Today?

Options
  • 15-06-2011 12:57am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Listening to Bully Ray's promo at Slammiversary (ha, i know, twice in one day lol) it struck me that, wow, Bully Ray's right. Why do fans cheer him when he's the heel? He says he drinks and fights all night; you believe him as a tough guy. AJ Styles? Looks like a nice country lad. Another instance was how Austin talked to the Miz this week on RAW. Austin has a massive presence, he looks like he'd batter you and everybody in the building's ass! Miz, Morrison, Bourne, Orton? Nope; don't get that 'ass-kicking hard man' feeling.

I think this goes a long way towards suspension of disbelief; i.e. believing in these characters; that they're tough and they believe what they say and do, they're not just play-acting and are all buddy-buddy when the cameras stop.

Anyway, who on the current WWE and TNA roster do you class as a legit hard man/bad ass? Someone you wouldn't ever consider messing with because they'd murder you something fierce!

I'll start us off;

WWE : Stone Cold

TNA : Kurt Angle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Silent Rage /thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

WWE:Taker,Regal,Barrett,Kozlov,Sheamus,Booker T,Joey Styles!
    TNA:Hernandez,Samoa Joe,Scottie Steiner.

Definitely far fewer then say 15-20 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Eve

Just ask Matt Hardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ive always thought that Cm punk could genuinely kick someones ass just because he could.
    Another outsider would be Jericho. But thats gauged purely from reading a lions tale.

The obvious answer would be HHH/Taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Silent Rage /thread

I think that I could batter him! and im a scrawney f*ck! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Legends roundtable discussin this particular topic, but also talks about past wrestlers as well......part 1 of 6 there, can continute to watch the rest on youtube.

Panel:
    Jim Ross
    Pat Paterson
    Taz
    Michael Hayes
    Mick Foley

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

just watching austin back in early wcw the other day, he looked far removed from being a bad ass as possible, amazing what a haircut and goatee can do for ones character

on the current roster even given their age you would have be insane to pick a fight with the likes of big show, kane and taker, while kane and taker are big guys wight is cartoon like in person with the huge head, feet and hands as big as frying pans

Advertisement