Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To leave or not to leave....?

Options
  • 14-06-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Everyone,

I am a bit all over the place at the minute in terms of work and future job prospects. I am currently in a job which I absolutely hate, its the type of job where you wake up in the morning and you have a physical pain in your heart thinking about.....utter deppression! I just dont know what to do, I am absolutely miserable to the point I think its changing my personality ie moody, cranky and feeling down!

The last six months have been tough trying to get through my contract and I now have three weeks left on my current contract. Why havent I left sooner?! I didn't want to be quitter, I dont want to be a type of failure and of course I think it would be a disgusting act to do walking away from a job when so many people are losing theirs.

The work itself is okay, a retail department manager. Its the work culture and the backstabbing it breeds is something else! Everyday I wait for one of my superiors or fellow managers to throw a smart comment or just general stab you in the back. My superiors are no better. For example, one day I was rostered on a 12 hour shift and as I am diabetic I asked my superior if i needed, could I take a quick ten mins to get some food on board. His response 'sur eat a chocolate bar on the shop floor!!'

I am not afraid of hardwork, far from it. My problem is if I leave this job and walk away then I walk into nothing. I look everyday I am off for jobs but nothing so far! I suppose really I am writing this to get an outsiders perspective, because my brain is muddled from all the thinking!!! I graduated last year with a Masters and never thought six months later I would be so confused!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Mods if this is in the wrong forum...apologies!!!

Advertisement