Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Miami Hustle an MMA Reality TV worth watching

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

That was good!

Jorge Masvidal is one lazy bastard!!

The Miami Hustle website says the next episode is out on the 20th. Lookin forward to it!
    There's also another small preview video on the site of Jorge Santiago training with Rashad Evans. And a few other preview vids. http://miamihustle.wordpress.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Sweet - I'll follow their blog -I subscribe to Genghiscon's youtube channel well worth it.

Masvidal vs Noons.... someone is getting KTFO :-)

Much better than UFC Primetime anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MisterCadbury

After watching that I am now excited about pretty much every fight on the strikeforce card, Masvidal is in serious trouble be lucky to get it past the first round me thinks.

Really weird format for a show but works so well, looking forward to next episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Mjrn9QtPTKo#at=18

Second episode. Really different type of documentary and really enjoying it! Like the look of this little Cuban fella and would like to see him in the UFC at fly weight!

• Advertisement

Great 2nd episode. I much prefer this to UFC Primetime. There's more of a raw un-edited feel to it and it works really well.
    Can't wait for the next episode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Just finished watching both episodes. This stuff is f*cking incredible! it's a REAL insight into the guys.

Can't wait to watch the rest of the episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

conor678 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Mjrn9QtPTKo#at=18

Second episode. Really different type of documentary and really enjoying it! Like the look of this little Cuban fella and would like to see him in the UFC at fly weight!

Yeah the programme will be a good introduction for him. IMO not even a lot of the hardcore are familar with many fighters at flyweight. Personally I've just seen a handful of guys and I'm a fan of McCall who fights for Tachi, It'll be interesting to see how the UFC markets them and a show like this could prove invaluable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Not enough Masvidal!

Good ep none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Really enjoying quality program

• Advertisement

Masvidal is in serious trouble be lucky to get it past the first round me thinks.

How wrong we were. I thought the same. Noons was in shoot from the hip mode that night.

Excellent show. Alexis Vila is looking very promising at 125.

How wrong we were. I thought the same. Noons was in shoot from the hip mode that night.

It could've been the case that he was trying to make it look like he wasnt training but really was. I mean, how could the lad sit there from 10am to 11:45pm playing xBox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

MrStuffins wrote: »
    It could've been the case that he was trying to make it look like he wasnt training but really was. I mean, how could the lad sit there from 10am to 11:45pm playing xBox?

sure that was nothing :), the impressive piece was the home made brownie and ice-cream for breakie, now that was great :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Just been on the website and it seems new episodes aren't being released for a while. Very disappointing was really enjoying it.

Xlami wrote: »
    Just been on the website and it seems new episodes aren't being released for a while. Very disappointing was really enjoying it.

Yep we just read the statement

"Sorry Miami Hustle fans were going to be taking a short break and we will be relaunching on a bigger network soon. Join our mailing list by sending you email address to: miamihustletv@yahoo.com to stay updated with new information.

Until then, we will continue to put out some of the bonus footage and deleted scenes until were back so keep visting the website for more info.

Thank you for your patience."

I guess they are going to cash in - fair play to them :)

I guess they are going to cash in - fair play to them :)

Absolutely. They're doing a great job so far. Glad they're getting picked up somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Cool,

Is this on the TV or streamed online? (in work at the mo & cant get on to the site.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

He's old though, can't see the UFC taking him on.

Well to be fair it does deserve to be on tv. Its a really good show and it'd have a massive following if it goes mainstream. I wish them all the best, I just hope it gets on air soon though!!

As regards Alexis Vila, yeah he is 40 now so time is against him. Altough he is 9-0 and his last 5 have been by ko/tko. And he's an interesting character so a show like this will give him the exposure he needs.
    Whether he gets that exposure in time is another story. But if the show goes mainstream soon, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a big organisation soon enough.

I just read that Alexis Vila was one of the guys who tried out for TUF 14.
    There was no mention about how he got on though. It'd be interesting to see if he got in or not.

Din Thomas and Kit Cope also tried out too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 K.Byrne_BJJ

Masvidal ...some man for the xBox haha

Some man for a brawl anywhere too - one of my favourite fighters.

Still no sign of episode 3 yet but the site finally got updated with a short video so the next episode might not be far away.

It says this is Journal 11, can't find the rest of them though except journal 6 and a few other small videos here.....http://genghiscon.wordpress.com/

PS; for anyone interested (and for anyone who didnt watch the above video) Alexis Vila signed onto enter the Bellator Bantamweight Tourney and fights in the opening round this weekened....... against FW Champ Joe Warren.

A more than tasty match up I think you'll agree!

They've also been at the verbals, accusing each other of drugs use. Vila then said Warren had "little balls and a big head" :D

I've been waiting for this show to come back for ages and I finally found it!! :D
    It stopped after episode 2 the last time and they didn't make another episode for ages. I nearly gave up on it.

Here's the whole lot from the beginning anyway. Enjoy:

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 7

Episode 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭p to the e

Really enjoyed the first two last time around. It's just crazy how good Masvidal could be if he actually focussed. Thank goodness Alexis Villa is subtitled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

This makes me sad, thought Vila seemed like a nice guy, can't stand Masvidal.

This was a great show though, I really miss it.

Advertisement