Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do in Galway or what to see for a day out?

Options
  • 14-06-2011 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I'm thinking on taking my girlfriend to Galway for a day out but I'm not at all familiar with the area. Is there anything we could do or that we can see while there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Loads, but all depends what you like an the weather.
    Town itself is lovely for pottering around on a nice day. Great bookshops, afternoon sessions (again if you are driving, some pubs are nicer for coffee, others would be more 'drinky' pubs). There's a few arts events coming up too if ye fancy cultural craic! Colours Fringe Festival (in Kelly's Bar and the Uni mostly I think), the film fleadh, and then the Arts Festival. All of those have daytime events.

Can ye make a night of it? Drive out to Connemara in the day and come back and do some stuff in the city later. Again - totally depends what ye're into

The aquarium in Salthill is pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Drive to Kylemore or go to the Aran Islands?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

A boat trip on the Corrib Princess.
    A slow walk from Woodquay to Nimmo's Pier
    following the river walks.
    A walk on the Prom out in Salthill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jane Mullins

I would defo say take a trip to Connemara and Kylmore Abbey the drive would be lovely well if you can find a nice dry day, When are you planning to come to galway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 darraghm92

Thanks for all your ideas, will look into all of them. I'm planning on going around the 27/28th of june

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If you end up going for a drive, Cong, in Mayo, is nice, also Leenane, Ireland's only fiord IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aye, Leenane is nice.
    This is probably better if you're staying the night in Westport but this is the scenic route from Galway to Westport, 2.5 hours one way.

Advertisement