Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoodBuddy Campers???

Options
  • 14-06-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Just a thought are there many/any fellow campers on CB Radios nowdays,,,,, OVER,OVER,OVER AND OUT :):):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I see feck all of them on the customers vans left in for service . Pity , the craic on the air used be mighty.

"beware the Kojak with the Kodak, rubber Ducky!" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

A lot of truckers don't even use them that often any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

We have one but nobody ever answers us so we must suppose they don't have them or else they don't wanna chat us!!!

denmar wrote: »
    We have one but nobody ever answers us so we must suppose they don't have them or else they don't wanna chat us!!!

Breaker, what channel you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

Break 1-9 for a copy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Years ago i used to always have one in my vans,,,as far as i remember Chanell 19 was the one for puting out a call to see if anyone was available and then you would decide what chanell to switch to to chat away,,
    It all kinda died a death when mobiles became more popular,,but its a great free way of communicateing with someone thats in your radius for free...
    A friend of mine bought a camper a few weeks ago and is travelling alot with his brother that has a camper also and the first thing they did was get 2 CB s fitted and it saves them a fortune on phone calls...might get one,,,,you can get a real good setup now for 120,euro..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

My van cam in from japan with about 7 areals on for CB but I took it off as I don't have one. Maybe I should think about getting one.

I konw the Volks Folks use them on the cannon ball run around ireland mostly for SOS breakdowns

T650 wrote: »
    Break 1-9 for a copy

Roger that breaker, Why did I think 17 is the common one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭Macy0161

elaverty wrote: »
    A friend of mine bought a camper a few weeks ago and is travelling alot with his brother that has a camper also and the first thing they did was get 2 CB s fitted and it saves them a fortune on phone calls...might get one,,,,you can get a real good setup now for 120,euro..
    We usually go with the outlaws, and it's on both our lists for when we're travelling convoy. Just be handier and cheaper when travelling. Don't think we have to worry too much about the smokeys for speed though...

Do CB's count the same as mobiles regarding the use of handheld devices while driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I was offered a C.B. set-up a while ago but turned it down, although it's still available if I want it as it's taking up room in my brother's garage.
    If there's a few people with them I might get it but the question is, as it's illegal to use mobile 'phones when on the move, where do we stand with C.B.'s?:confused: I would imagine that it's the same.

Just seen the previous posting. Same question.

• Advertisement

According to the RSA Website the law states it is a offence (TO HOLD A MOBILE PHONE WHEN DRIVEING) no mention of anything else,,,,so it seems its OK to use a CB Radio.........and knowing the shower of muppets running the country it was probably a oversight not to include,,,,,and when they realise the error it will cost 3456862828.000000000000 hundred million euro to add it into the Legislation Document....:) :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

The common channel is/was Ch 11

"breaker on one one for a copy".......as a kid I had a CB on my pushbike :D
    the handle was "school boy"

Oh god, Im getting old

I deff remember to introduce ones self it was; anyone on the one niner (19)over,,,Whats your twenty (whats your location).The bears where the Guards.. Whats your Handle was whats your CB name,,and il remember more as i think about,,im sure they have thesame slang still today....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rockysdad

Some interesting CB terms here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CB_slang

And the 10-20 codes here. http://www.cbradio.org.uk/cb10codes.htm

Happy 10 - 99. :D:D:D:cool::cool:

According to the RSA Website the law states it is a offence (TO HOLD A MOBILE PHONE WHEN DRIVEING) no mention of anything else,,,,so it seems its OK to use a CB Radio.........and knowing the shower of muppets running the country it was probably a oversight not to include,,,,,and when they realise the error it will cost 3456862828.000000000000 hundred million euro to add it into the Legislation Document....:) :):)

Thought I'd find something in the end. Have a look at this link. Not good news. :mad:
    Go to the bottom of the page.
    [URL="mhtml:{E76ACC60-FC2C-4310-81C0-0B264AF6859B}mid://00000336/!x-usc:http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2006/en/act/pub/0023/sec0003.html#sec3"]http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2006/en/act/pub/0023/sec0003.html#sec3[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

I deff remember to introduce ones self it was; anyone on the one niner (19)over

Is that why ya never got a copy?

Maybe we were just a litle different in Wexford??? (now running for cover and I aint telling ya what my 20 is lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

"10-10 til we do it again, keep the wheels off the grass and the smokies off yer ass." ah the 70s .....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Thought I'd find something in the end. Have a look at this link. Not good news. :mad:
    Go to the bottom of the page.
    [URL="mhtml:{E76ACC60-FC2C-4310-81C0-0B264AF6859B}mid://00000336/!x-usc:http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2006/en/act/pub/0023/sec0003.html#sec3"]http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2006/en/act/pub/0023/sec0003.html#sec3[/URL]

I can't get the link to work. But I found this in the Irish Statue Book, Road Traffic Act 2006. I can't make out if it's illegal or not:confused:
    3.— (1) A person shall not while driving a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place hold a mobile phone.

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a member of the Garda Síochána, an ambulance service or a fire brigade of a fire authority (within the meaning of the Fire Services Act 1981 ) who is acting in the course of his or her duties and holding a mobile phone in relation to the performance of his or her duties.

(3) A person who contravenes subsection (1) is guilty of an offence.

(4) The Minister may, to avoid the impairment or interference with the driving capacity or capabilities of the driver of a mechanically propelled vehicle, make regulations in relation to the restriction or prohibition in mechanically propelled vehicles in public places of the use of—

(a) a mobile phone (other than in the circumstances referred to in subsection (1)),

(b) an in-vehicle communication device,

(c) information equipment, or

(d) entertainment equipment.

BTW the RSA site and ROTR aren't law they are only an interpretation of the law

Del2005 wrote: »
    I can't get the link to work. But I found this in the Irish Statue Book, Road Traffic Act 2006. I can't make out if it's illegal or not:confused:

BTW the RSA site and ROTR aren't law they are only an interpretation of the law

Hi, Just clicked on the link and it worked fine. The piece that you have quoted is, I think, from the same Traffic Act. If you find your link again just look at the bottom of the page. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Hi, Just clicked on the link and it worked fine. The piece that you have quoted is, I think, from the same Traffic Act. If you find your link again just look at the bottom of the page. :)

Its an alien microsoft link probabyl works in internet explorer and nothing else, just delete all the junk before the http:// and it works.

Anyway it just says the minister may make regulations

The only guy I know with a CB uses some kind of digital packet radio now its like a text service but you need the ham licence.

• Advertisement

paddyp wrote: »
    Its an alien microsoft link probabyl works in internet explorer and nothing else, just delete all the junk before the http:// and it works.

Anyway it just says the minister may make regulations

The only guy I know with a CB uses some kind of digital packet radio now its like a text service but you need the ham licence.

Can't see any junk before the http ? but never mind.
    Minister may? he did!
    irishstatutebook.ie look for statuory instrument number384/2006.
    This brings the one I gave the link for, road traffic act number 23 of 2006, into force.

Sorry to be a party pooper:D

Should have added that I'll just keep talking to myself as usual.

You know, the usual sort of stuff: What's that idiot doing. Is he blind or something. Come on, you could get a lorry through there etc, etc, etc......:D:D:D:D

Advertisement