Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best price for a Marine Tank

Options
  • 14-06-2011 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

So I've decided to upgrade from my beginner 90L marine tank to a bigger one. I went to one of the big shops in Dublin today to get a price for a corner tank ( shape of a quarter of a round cake) 190L. For tank and stand I was quoted €790, external filter €170 (tank already has one but need another apparently) 10KG live rock, sand and light bulbs. So all in All the total cost for a brand new Marine setup will be €1170

For the experienced marine fish keepers out there. Is this excessive, would I get alot cheaper elsewhere or should I make the purchase??

Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭thebishop

Seems expensive. Dont think you would need a second filter. You would be better off getting more live rock.I have 6ft x 2ft x2ft its got a protein skimmer and one external filter it seems to work fine.And its prob overstocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

the for sale forum on http://www.irishfishforum.com/ would be a good resource to check, might be able to pickup what you are looking for for a good deal less than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

The Juwel tanks are all ridiculously overpriced and not very good. Thin glass, terrible filters and light units that break all the time. You could get a much larger clearseal with a sump for the same ptice.

Advertisement