Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Annualized Vacation Pay" in contract - a quick question.

Options
  • 14-06-2011 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi guys, I'm just looking at an offer of employment that I've received. In it there is a sentence that says "we are able to provide you with three weeks paid vacation per year, including the first year of employment (annualized to the end of the year)."

Now the start date is pretty soon (next week) so I'm wondering how much holidays would I get for this year. My reading is that since I'll be working for half the year, I will get half those holidays. ie - 3 weeks / half year = 7 or 8 days.
    And every other year I will get the full three weeks.

Is this accurate? I know I should really ask the company but would like your reading of it first as I dont want to look stupid :-)

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Looks bang on to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Where's the job - North America?

If it's in Ireland, and a full time job, then you'd be entitled to 20 days by law. If it's the States, then 3 weeks is probably a little over the usual entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 soundofsounds

Yeh its in Canada so I've been told its a decent amount of holidays for joining a company! Thanks guys!

Advertisement