Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Superintendants. . .

Options
  • 14-06-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Anyone else get the feeling that their superintendant doesn't like them:confused: . . .

I asked for a loose sheet of paper today before the exam, for rough work, and he almost said no. . .and then gave one without question to someone else. . .perhaps I'm just being paranoid. . .

What Kind of Exam Superintendant do you have? 93 votes

Best superintendant in history - A+
    0% 0 votes
    Senile or young, but pleasant - B
    41% 39 votes
    Aloof, a stickler for rules, or over-officious - C
    41% 39 votes
    A bit dodgy - D
    9% 9 votes
    Either unpleasant, awkward, or annoying (or all 3) - Fail
    6% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You'll probably never see them again in a week's time. I wouldn't let it get to me if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Con_Con

My superintendent is awful sound, and more importantly an absolute ride! It does get quite distracting at times though! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mockshelp

In my school we have the exams in the large gym and there are 2 superintendents, one for each half of the gym. On the right side there is the young "evil" woman (I'm sitting on this half) and on the left half there is an older woman superintendent...

Ok so this is the problem: Most exams when the time is up the young woman on the right half makes everyone hand up the papers. But on the left half the older woman gives them a few more minutes like up to 10 minutes if they want. And that happened at every exam last week.

If you think like maths and Irish have 2 papers so maybe average of 10 exams in total an extra 10 minutes means the other half of the room have got 100 minutes more than me and my half of the room!

I finished most exams on time but last week with maths I sure envied the people that got a few precious extra minutes...

The old woman collected all the business quicker today though. Maybe somebody said something to her finally...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shiroki

Mine stares at me :confused: Creeps me the fvck out

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

Anyone else get the feeling that their superintendant doesn't like them:confused: . . .

I asked for a loose sheet of paper today before the exam, for rough work, and he almost said no. . .and then gave one without question to someone else. . .perhaps I'm just being paranoid. . .

Mine seems suspicious too :rolleyes:, I'm one of those people who tends to look around when thinking of what to write, and I always glance at the person next to me just to check that I'm not way behind them. :p I'm really not cheating though! During Irish, the examiner walked down to the empty desk beside me at the very back of the room, sat down at it and started reading the Irish Times. :rolleyes: I suppose he must look at everyone though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Mine is really nice but she ALWAYS waits to the last second to give out the papers and it's always a minute or two over the time before we get our papers. Then she keeps talking for a minute after she let's use start "Make sure that if you're doing Higher Level there's a yellow sticker on your answer booklet. If you're doing..." Like she has it learned off - it's so distracting! Then she likes to walk around sometimes with her squeaky shoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Mine likes to munch on biscuits. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Really like my guy, he was my attendant last year when i supervised outside. Remembered me, he's done it a few times.

The other guy in the room keeps reminding people about the HARSH REPRECUSIONS and if we have they pagers on them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 daex

Ours is lovely. Had chats with her before and after exams! Kinda makes you feel less nervous. She didn't notice someone reading notes off their shoe though..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Our guy is quite nice. I look up a lot when I'm doing exams, I suppose it's such a natural thing...when I'm thinking I look around the room and he seems to be looking down at me an unnatural amount of the time. I wonder if he thinks I'm cheating or something....but I doubt I'd be able to read someone else's paper even if I wanted to :p

He seems pretty nice though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I have a really lovely one shes really nice. She seems quite laid back not strict.
    She like reminds you you have to be back , an kinda chats to you at the end .

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

I'm in a centre all on my own so I have teachers from the school supervising me during the exams :p
    It's nice, feels relaxed and the room is very quiet.
    One of them even offered me some chocolate during it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

._. wrote: »
    One of them even offered me some chocolate during it :D

We should petition the SEC to provide mandatory chocolate with every exam paper. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

We should petition the SEC to provide mandatory chocolate with every exam paper. . .

Along with the petition for the maths paper we'll get a resit with chocolate..! :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭GregoryNimmo

I fancy mine. They're bang on too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Mine is some old lady and she's a complete ditz. Doesnt know where she is half the time :D ah but she's lovely, god love her.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

yeah mines horrible, she stares at me all the time, its so off putting. and one day when she said pens down she let some people keep writing but when i did that after business yesterday she was like "I said put them down" >:(

one classroom have a really cool guy, he starts every exam 10 minutes early for them, not fair really, ah sure

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

Mine is very nice. Although, punctuality is really big for him. We start most exams about 5 minutes early, provided everyone's here. English P1 we started at 9:25am like. A starer, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Mine's lovely! She always reminds us to check that we haven't forgotten phones and ipods in our pockets, reminds us to put calculator numbers and exam numbers on the front, and at the end when she says time's up, she'll let you write for another 2 or 3 minutes. Sound woman!

Today, I had a bag with clothes in it that I was returning to Penneys, and when I was bringing my schoolbag out of the exam centre, I didn't even see the bag of clothes next it (probably due to exhaustion:rolleyes:) and it stayed there for the whole exam. It was only at the very end that she said "you're not supposed to have any bags in the hall." She wasn't giving out to me, she seemed kind of amused by it because it was so obvious that I just wasn't with it!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

Also meant to say - he gets all the booklets, puts the HL/OL stickers on them and arranges them in seating order. So all he has to do is start at the bottom of the first row - hand them out of a stack of them, and that's that. Everyone has the appropriate level. He hasn't slipped up once :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 shelbourneTID

I've the same person as the Junior Cert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

I went completely blank in History today and was like, "WTF does solemn mean"

I asked her

Shes all like "document..document" and im like, no bitch, wtf does the word mean

Shes like I cant tell you but Im going to make a face.

Ha, I promise you, she almost made me cry ..

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Shes like I cant tell you but Im going to make a face.

What face did she make:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

NotExactly wrote: »
    What face did she make:confused:

It sorta went blank but stern. I couldnt tell with the wrinkles, but I think solemn is negative lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

Well I thought mine disliked me since she always gave me looks when I left Maths early (and even forced me to go back in, and checked over my paper to see what I had done -.-), and stares at me everything my eyes are innocently wandering around the room or fixing my jumper (I cant stay still :rolleyes:) but today she literally forced me to take her banana, sandwich and cereal bar, and wanted to get me tea and food, since I forgot to bring my lunch with me. I think I said "no it's grand, really, thanks" about 20+ times, but she's a stubborn one. Very nice of her tho :) guess it had to do with the fact there was only 2 of us in the hall for History.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

To be honest she just sounds like the motherly type, a wee bit strict perhaps but with your best interests at heart.

Advertisement