Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The R-Truth push *lil Jimmy approved*

Options
  • 14-06-2011 12:20pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭

R-Truth has simply been a breath of Fresh air in his recent heel role, a real revelation. No longer are Raw threads filled with comments about his annoying music etc instead they are full of this:
    sky88 wrote: »
    ahh truth just gets better and better
    Voltwad wrote: »
    This is brilliant
    POSSY wrote: »
    Truth really is coming into his own as a heel!
    CMpunked wrote: »
    Not now he won't.
    More reason to love r truth :)
    That started horrendously, but Truth's facial expressions made it. "Take that little Jimmy!"
    Pentecost wrote: »
    What on earth was he doing clowning around with his "What's Up?!"/"Get Crunk" nonsense when he could have been doing this ages ago. It's the best thing on Raw
    super-rush wrote: »
    I'm enjoying Truth more and more each week. He is just brilliant. The only wrestler better than him at the moment is Punk. Pity it will all be over in a couple of months. Enjoy it while you can.

Here are some of the highlights of Truth so far starting with him in London:

He is in the main event of Capitol Punishment and although he is not expected to beat Cena surely his push is only just starting considering how well its gone so far. He has really taken the ball and ran with it unlike many who get such an opportunity (yes, not enough have always got the chance), I wonder how far he can run?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I just hope his push isnt over after Capitol Punishment

He has been the best thing on Raw for a while, very entertaining. I had hoped for lengthy feud for him and Rey and then him and JoMo. WWE should give him a WWE title reign for a month or so see how he gets on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

He's one of the few guys who gets pushed who actually has experience,and that's why I think he is handling it so well.He's been absolutely quality on the mic since his turn.It's unfortunate that his first big feud is with SuperCena though,as he tends to kill emerging heel's mommentum.

I'm a good R-Truth!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

"What's up doggies?!" I wonder is most of it his idea? He's been around long enough to have a good idea of what a good heel should be. Given the way the rest of them are being booked on Raw you'd imagine his input must be fairly significant. I emitted a good laugh when he booted Hornswoggle in the face. Cruel perhaps but it was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

"Don't boo me... You should be booing yourselves." Love that line :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i just hope they dont depush him as they usally do when someone stops feuding with cena at the minute hes reminding me of batistas heel turn where it was a breath of fresh air and he was brillant every week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

R-Truth is great at the minute, Perfect in heel mode Jimmy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

How dare he hate Jimmy Wang Yang :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Jimmy #8: Jim Power. "What's yo powah? Narcolepsy!?"

Jimmy #3: Jim Henson. "WWE Universe treated me like a damn muppet."

Jimmy #2: Jim Duggan. "U S A! U A BUM!"

I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He needs to start answering boos with: "The Truth?? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

wonder if they will give him music eventually or will they stick with "the truth.....free" into nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I lol'd at:
    Jimmy USO (Jey's a'ight)
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

wonder if they will give him music eventually or will they stick with "the truth.....free" into nothing!
    I hope they don't. The no music coupled with his paranoid facial expressions as he makes his way to the ring really add to his character imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Truth is definitely the best thing going on Raw at the minute. He's really funny too. I'd love to see him beat Cena, but I can see him returning to the mid card after Capitol Punishment (much as I don't want to)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

It's amazing to think that just two months ago we were all going "WTF?" when he became the #1 contender. The development of his character since that night has been terrific and a lot of the credit has to go to Truth himself for been so damn entertaining. Credit also to WWE for letting him run with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I'm gonna say that after he gets Supercena'd on Sunday it'll be Jomo feud for him for the next 2-3 ppv's.

Or even better, I see this: After he heelishly gets the upper hand and looks to be about to win, Jomo will interfere for the save which leads to an FU and pin. The man who just moments ago appeared near death will then laugh, smile and bounce his way back up the ramp like he just got off the waltzers at a carnival high on candyfloss, leaving R Truth and Jomo to do the ring to ramp staredown to close the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Looks like they are building to an eventual PPV Jomo/R-Truth match. I'd really love if they can maintain his heat and push. I am slightly anxious at how early he is in a title match with Cena, hopefully it is booked in a way that doesn't de-rail him. A loss that he can use as further evidence of the conspiracy against him would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I predict Cena will have him tap out to the STFU and as Cena goes up the ramp, Morrison will arrive much to his dismay. He'll hand him an asswhooping thus continuing the feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

That Jimmy vid above was awesome.

Kudos to the creative team for getting one right for once. Its been a decent breath into the main events with him to be honest, and that came out of friekin no where...

Still need to get Punk back on more main events though ;)

Advertisement