Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tired and they want more

Options
  • 14-06-2011 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,
    i am working since 7 years in hotel. i am on salary. so are 2 others of my staff. our solicitor told me once, when i put down one of my staff on salary that mean not that i can load them up with hours. still 40h max, after this i need to give them overtime off. What i dont mind. my boss is always on about our total wages, and should cut down, what mean for me i have to work more and more. i am doing about a 48h-50h. (i know its not much, but if u keep buzzing all day, its tiering) Now i would do even more hours, as they extended the hours without telling me. so i would go up to 55-60h and more will come. sometimes work 12h- 13h 5 days a week. barely get breaks. but i am not getting off the overtime!
    my contract doesnt state anything. only:
    u be paid XXXEuro. This includes premium to reflect the fact that you may work some sundays.
    nothing else.
    does the the boss has the right to push me on more hours? i am not lazy! but i would prefer giving 1 or 2 people a job!
    thank you
    kind regards

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If I remember correctly your average working week over a period of time (NERA should have the details as I can't remember if it was 3, 6 or 12 months) can't exceed 48h a week.

The part you need to look for in your contract and/or work handbook is about overtime (it should be specified how it is handled; unpaid is not illegal but it should specify it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tiered

thats my problem, its nowhere specified! :(
    neither in the contract or employee handbook.

Advertisement