Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Burned out in Belfast

Options
  • 14-06-2011 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hey dudes! My car was left outside work at the weekend and arrived back today the ol jammer was gone. The ground was nicely scorched with broken glass and melted rubber.
    To be honest the car was on her last legs anyway so im not too upset but a little put out and pissed of at the little buggers who did it. I've reported it to the PSNI. The car itself has been removed from the scene to a location unknown. I'm assuming the cops took it away.
    I suppose what I.m worried about now is am I going to be charged for removal of the burnt out car and how should i proceed with insurance.
    I''m not interested in making a claim because the car isn't worth much but i don't want to be stung with towing charges. Also dont want to affect the ol no claims bonus.
    Raging because I got a bike nicked from work a few months ago!
    Belfast is a wonderful place!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Where in Belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Laura Gaf

Falls-Shankill area. Ah well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Laura Gaf wrote: »
    Falls-Shankill area. Ah well!

Was it an ROI registered car? If so that was a bit of a gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Confab wrote: »
    Was it an ROI registered car?

Where the OP parks their vehicle is irrelevant to their query.

Was it ROI registered ?

Notify your insurer irrespective of your intention to make a claim.

Contact the PSNI and find your vehicle.

The vehicle could have been put into storage and in turn incurring storage costs (which will add up)

You could also be held liable for Fire Brigade charges too however if your insurer sorts both of these bills then you can pay them back if it's low enough and you can afford to do so therefore preserving your No Claims Bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Laura Gaf wrote: »
    I''m not interested in making a claim because the car isn't worth much but i don't want to be stung with towing charges. Also dont want to affect the ol no claims bonus.
    Raging because I got a bike nicked from work a few months ago!
    Belfast is a wonderful place!:rolleyes:

Normally a fire doesn't count as a claim, you should call them and they should pay out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

OSI wrote: »
    I don't think you pay for the Fire Brigade call out in the UK, do you? I thought it was one of the many things your council tax goes towards there.

iirc there is a charge i think of around £250 in the north

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

OSI wrote: »
    I don't think you pay for the Fire Brigade call out in the UK, do you? I thought it was one of the many things your council tax goes towards there.

It appears I stand corrected

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

1. Ring PSNI to see what happened to the car and where is it now?
    2. Ring insurance company.
    3. Park further up on Falls Rd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Laura Gaf

Hey everyone thanks for the replies! It was a nordy regged car first off with northern insurance. I have reported it to the PSNI but haven't rang my insurance yet.

So do ye really think I'll have to pay for my car being towed and fire put out even though it was broken into and set alight? Dang bad times. To be honest they'll be hard up to get the cash out of me when I dont have it. Let them find the little ****e who did it and get the cash out of him.
    That article on the mail online is intersting but I'm not sure if those charges are implemented yet.

Right best ring the insurance crowd in the morning so.

Advertisement