Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality caravan..

Options
  • 14-06-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

A one liner will do.......

Thinking of buying a 5 berth caravan and holding on to it for 5-6 yrs (kids/hols) post 2005 build

Question 1, which caravans (makes) are known for their quality of build and easily sold on when minded.

Question 2, which caravans (makes) should i avoid due to poor quality , dampness ect................tanx cc30

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Coachman Pastice or any Coachman,,,,the only one you can stand on the roof of (seemingly,i never tried it when i had one)....But yea they are a great make and well finished inside with as strong as you can get fittings,,IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Bailey are well sought after . Stay away from Hobby , unless you have a Hiace , boss... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

Adria & Elddis also seem good, still being made (many manufacturers seem to have gone out of business or moved onto static mobile homes).

Was wondering recently, is there a Mercedes to Lada type sliding scale (same question as OP I suppose).

Only thing is that since there's no engine involved there's no great excuse for any new caravan to be "bad" - ok you get what you pay for but it shouldnt be that hard to put a waterproof box together.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Microheavy

Buy a Hobby. Far superior to the UK makes.
    Trust me, you won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

He might regret it when he cant get into certain Campsites,,:D :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement