Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wickow way nicest stretch

Options
  • 13-06-2011 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭

Hi want to do part of the ww have only a day and will have double back to car what part is the most scenic

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

There's a new thing called The Dublin Mountain Way, maybe it's more in line with what you are looking for given your time constraints, I think it incorporates a bit of the Wicklow Way as well...

http://www.dublinmountains.ie/dublin_mountains_way/dublin_mountains_way/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

You could also try one of the circular marked trails in Glendalough, some of which cover pays of the Wicklow Way and which won't require backtracking. Nice scenery, too!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Lough Dan, over Kanturk and Scar and only on the WW for a couple of km, IMO by far the nicest part.

For the WW specifically anything south of Glenmalure is crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

did knockree to glencullen section lovely walk and great views of wicklow and dublin city bay , thanks for the replies, and no sheep so could bring the crazy spaniel with me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishtear

Hi ,There is a bus that runs from Tallagh to Last stop of the luas via laragh ,glendalough and roundwood,etc. You could time your walks to drop you on the way out and pick you up on the way home that evening ,then no need to double back for your car anymore.Hope this helps.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

irishtear wrote: »
    Hi ,There is a bus that runs from Tallagh to Last stop of the luas via laragh ,glendalough and roundwood,etc.
    What bus is that? The Dublin Mountaineer goes from Tallaght to Sandyford Luas via the Dublin Mts. but goes nowhere near Laragh, Glendalough or Roundwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Alun wrote: »
    What bus is that? The Dublin Mountaineer goes from Tallaght to Sandyford Luas via the Dublin Mts. but goes nowhere near Laragh, Glendalough or Roundwood.

Yeah, I think he mixed up the Dublin Mountaineer, which oddly enough stays in the Dublin Mountains, and St. Kevins' Bus, which does the Town-Bray-Roundwood-Laragh-Glendalough route.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Donny5 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think he mixed up the Dublin Mountaineer, which oddly enough stays in the Dublin Mountains, and St. Kevins' Bus, which does the Town-Bray-Roundwood-Laragh-Glendalough route.
    That's what I thought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishtear

Sorry lads,I read the two leaflets and recalled seeing Tallaght and Roundwood,And Glendalough .But they were on two different leaflets.You were right St.Kevins and the Dublin Mountaineer.Anyone know about the Bushcraft Club?

Advertisement