Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can any producer record me for free?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Basically, I have a few original songs written and recorded, but I'd like to see if another producer could help record them to a higher standard. You can hear my existing work here: http://www.myspace.com/morgans303

While I can't afford to pay, I will give full credit and publicity. I've already been featured in two magazines - Future Music issue 241, and Computer Music issue 166.

Drop me a line if interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

morgans303 wrote: »
    Basically, I have a few original songs written and recorded, but I'd like to see if another producer could help record them to a higher standard. You can hear my existing work here: http://www.myspace.com/morgans303

While I can't afford to pay, I will give full credit and publicity. I've already been featured in two magazines - Future Music issue 241, and Computer Music issue 166.

Why would someone want to do this Morgans303 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Why would someone want to do this Morgans303 ?

Perhaps to learn that working for free sucks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

morgans303 wrote: »

I think you might be better to keep at it yourself. I think most any demostudio producers can offer you is "sing into dis mic and don't make any mistakes".

The kind of added production work you need is not really on offer. And I think you're competent enough to take your own stuff forward. Your drums need a bit more - a bit more programming. I like the burning synth bass on 2 am. You're best off just to keep cracking at it yourself. Unless you can afford Youth or Trent Reznor to sit down and bash the rest of you into shape, you're not going to get anything else.

Your lyrics suck - and they are important. They're what the 11 year-old pre-suicide emo chicks cling onto.

Whatever your setup there is, it sounds like you can record everything you need to. The Ick edges you need to work on - you need to work on yourself.

Actually - There is someone I know, who I think could help you. But this minute I can't remember his name. His full name - and I don't have a contact for him - I need to contact someone else I know to get it. But he does the kind of stuff. And he would be able to fix things. Your lyrics still really suck.

Advertisement