Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to create a simple bitmap like this?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

I have CS5 but only reallu ised dreamweaver before.
    I assume i'll need to use photoshop.
    Any decent tutorials you guys know of?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

If you don't want to shell out €100's on Photoshop then try Paint.Net or Gimp.

http://psd.tutsplus.com/sessions/photoshop-basix/ - does really good PS tutorials. I can't recommend any tutorials for the other two, I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Thanks - the shelling out has already been done, but the how to do it with photoshop hasnt been mastered yet...

Do what? Recreate the image? It would be a little difficult to describe the processes. Ultimately it would be pointless unless you already know the basics of PS. (Something like this might be useful for explaining what the various tools are for. There are many out there if this is crap.) If you paid for PS then you should think about doing some self-learning otherwise you may as well have stuck with Paint.Net.

To recreate the image you will have to familiarise yourself with various techniques, concepts like layers and tools like the ellipse tool (for the top circle), the pen tool (I think this is what they would have used for the green component that fans out), the line tool and the text tool (from the link I gave in my 1st post).

Put the italicised words into Youtube and you should get a zillion tutorials for each.

Dr Nic wrote: »

I see you answered your own question :)

The best way to learn how to learn Photoshop is to do tutorials. And do them again if necessary! Stick with it and you will pick it up gradually.

• Advertisement

Much thanks - the problem i've found before is there almost too many tutorials out there.
    Im happy enouhg to stick with the one i found above now though
    Thanks again!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Personally for logos I would use illustrator over photoshop and create a vector based image.

Axwell wrote: »
    Personally for logos I would use illustrator over photoshop and create a vector based image.

+1
    I've seen a number of people having to get their bitmapped logo redesigned as a vector, when they discovered their low res jpg logo couldn't be used for van signage, etc.

Advertisement