Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get grub screws

Options
  • 13-06-2011 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I have two missing grub screws from a toilet roll holder and am struggling to find where to buy new ones without having to buy a whole new holder. I have tried my local hardware shop (not very helpful), a buidlers providers and a bathroom/tile shop and am at out of ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ruffmut

Any engineering supplies company will have then. I use ted in Dublin, caulfields industrial supply in Galway and ar brownlows in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tirnanoger

Thanks - where's ted in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ruffmut

Tooling & Engineering Distributors Ltd
    Unit 9 The Olde Sawmills
    Ballymount Road
    Walkingstown
    Dublin 12
    Telephone: 00353 (0)1 4505811
    Fax: 00353 (0)1 4506478
    Email: sales@ted.ie

Thanks a million man. I'll give that a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

No point even buying them. Get a bolt with the same pitch tread, cut two small lengths of the treaded section. Smooth off the edges with a file, then cut a slot in the top of each with a junior hack saw, job done.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the TED recommendation - I went to them expecting they would look at me like I was crazy looking for two grub screws as they are located in an industrial estate, but they were very retail focused and had no issue with me and were very helpful, they sorted me out and even gave them to me for free. Great tip and would recommend to anyone.

I didn't try the DIY option as I dont have a file and probably would have cost me more than buying a new fitting and I didnt think myself that handy to be able to carry it off successfully, but good idea as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

No point even buying them. Get a bolt with the same pitch tread, cut two small lengths of the treaded section. Smooth off the edges with a file, then cut a slot in the top of each with a junior hack saw, job done.

What he said.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Donkerooney

Tirnanoger wrote: »
    Thanks for the TED recommendation - I went to them expecting they would look at me like I was crazy looking for two grub screws as they are located in an industrial estate, but they were very retail focused and had no issue with me and were very helpful, they sorted me out and even gave them to me for free. Great tip and would recommend to anyone.

I didn't try the DIY option as I dont have a file and probably would have cost me more than buying a new fitting and I didnt think myself that handy to be able to carry it off successfully, but good idea as well.

Got them from TED too (for free!). Great store and service

Advertisement