Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Account - Meter & Deposit Query

Options
  • 13-06-2011 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there,

I have recently moved to a new shop space and want to register a business account in my name. I was told I have to pay by direct debit as well as pay a €600 euro security deposit. This seems excessive as in the case of residential accounts one only has to pay a security deposit if they are not paying by direct debit. I am a small independent retailer so this is a lot of cash for ESB to be holding onto.

Secondly, ESB are insisting that the meter in my building should provide both a day and night reading. The property management say they can only have one reading as the meter is old. Do all meters give two readings? ESB will not register me until I provide them with the two readings so this is holding everything up. I have rang ESB on three occasions now and am getting no further so any clarification would be helpful.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi oldmanlogan,

We would only require a deposit in addition to direct debit where the customer has no previous credit history with us. The deposit is refunded after six clear bills, or when the account in question is closed.

In relation to your meter, were you given a serial number to help you locate the correct device? Not all meters will have a day and night reading; see here for further information on the different types of meter available to business customers.

If you need more help with any of this, please feel free to drop me a PM.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement