Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

explanation for/suggestions to help erratic behaviour :(

Options
  • 13-06-2011 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey guys,

I've just joined.. hello!

I want to ask you something. I need your advice/knowledge/help please.

In the past I have suffered from episodes of depression. One very bad, one extreme. I saw two therapists a year apart and they both confirmed it. In one instance, I was told it was accompanied by mild anxiety attacks. Then I saw the doctor about 2 months ago just before my college exams and was told my whole system was hyper sensitive and I was having mini anxiety attacks repeatedly.

I've been ok since until the last fortnight - I've been a mess. For the first week I was really depressed. Didn't want to see anyone, spending all day every day alone in my room. The usual. But then all last week and these last few days it's changed. I'm very erratic. I'm constantly pacing and fidgeting. I'm very anxious and comfort eating all of the time. Crying at little provocation and just feeling very helpless. My boyfriend even commented on how erratic my messages I left him on msn were, he thought the messages had gotten jumbled up somehow. If I speak to him, I am ok. He can keep me calm and feeling better.

I am a little worried. I know that might sound stupid. but I've not really been like this before. It's very extreme and it's making me feel like I'm losing my mind.

Can anyone recommend anything that could calm my mind and feel less anxious? Or has anyone experienced anything similar and can tell me what it is, if it is anything? Or any ideas on what could cause it? Or do you think it's just the usual bout of depression and I'm just reading too much into it?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate any help or suggestions or anything

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hi there czj,

I'm afraid we cannot offer any explanations for your behaviour, we can't tell you what it is and as we are not qualified to diagnose you, we also cannot suggest what might make you feel better.

If you are worried about any aspect of your health you should contact a medical professional and let them examine you/decipher your symptoms and recommend the appropriate treatment.

All the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement