Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

terrible service from Tesco Mobile

Options
  • 13-06-2011 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

bought a new Samsung trevi and sim from the tesco website...within 8 days the phone started turning itself off...would not come back on without pulling the battery first...calls can only be answered for 10 seconds,then cuts off...Tesco refused to send a replacement for an 8 day old phone, and sent me a bag to return the phone, expecting me to be without the phone and sim for weeks...their double credit isn't much good if you cant use the phone!...and to think i ported my number from a real phone company to these guys...nedless to say i wont be returning it,and when the credit is gone,it'll go in the fire...this is not the way to treat new customers,or any customer...buyers beware
    Mike
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I doubt if they expected you to return the SIM.

Well it seems to make sense to get it fixed and have another phone. Some phone repairers will do this under the manufacturer's warranty, e.g. MPRC in Dublin, not sure if there are any near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭RosieMarie_91

I bought a phone from tesco yesterday...dont tell me this :(. Im having problems but not with them its with the phones wifi and gprs. Going into see them tommorow. Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If you bought it in store you can get a replacement there and then as soon as the fault is confirmed and its a warranty issue.

says on the website, they replace it too:

I bought my phone less than 28 days ago
    If your phone becomes faulty within the first 28 days of purchase, then you are entitled to a fully boxed replacement phone or a refund - whichever you prefer. If you bought your phone online, then call us on 089 420 0000 or 1749 from your Tesco Mobile. If you bought your phone in a Tesco store, then you can return it at the Customer Service Desk in store. Please have your receipt with you as proof of purchase and ensure that all elements of the phone are included with the packaging i.e. charger, SIM card, battery and user guide / handbook.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/troubleshooting.aspx

Is it that you dont have the complete pack, charger, box, headphones etc?
    If so, no network will replace what you have for a full pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I bought a phone from tesco yesterday...dont tell me this :(. Im having problems but not with them its with the phones wifi and gprs. Going into see them tommorow. Fingers crossed :)

Those problems are not usually with the phone but with the settings you can get these on the mobile forum here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056018053

The wifi settings are the setting for your wireless modem, better to call the help desk for a problem like this.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Those problems are not usually with the phone but with the settings you can get these on the mobile forum here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056018053

The wifi settings are the setting for your wireless modem, better to call the help desk for a problem like this.

Oh i know..but i just havnt a clue about stuff like this...apparently theres a few phone wizards in the tesco i bought mine so gonna see will they set it up 4 me. the lady who i bought it from asked me did i want it setting up but i said no (stupid me)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Oh i know..but i just havnt a clue about stuff like this...apparently theres a few phone wizards in the tesco i bought mine so gonna see will they set it up 4 me. the lady who i bought it from asked me did i want it setting up but i said no (stupid me)

They wont be able to setup your wifi for you though. If you need help just ask. Paul from tesco mobile also posts here, so he can help you if you want to save a trip back instore.

Ah lovely...thanks Davy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

bought a new Samsung trevi and sim from the tesco website...within 8 days the phone started turning itself off...would not come back on without pulling the battery first...calls can only be answered for 10 seconds,then cuts off...Tesco refused to send a replacement for an 8 day old phone, and sent me a bag to return the phone, expecting me to be without the phone and sim for weeks...their double credit isn't much good if you cant use the phone!...and to think i ported my number from a real phone company to these guys...nedless to say i wont be returning it,and when the credit is gone,it'll go in the fire...this is not the way to treat new customers,or any customer...buyers beware
    Mike

Hi Mike

Only saw your message just now. Have sent you a Private Message.

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi Rosie,

Can you let me know what issues you are having and I will see if I can help.

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Tesco Mobile are by far the best network in Ireland, Iv always used E Mail to contact them and they get back to me fairly quickly. Im sure the rest of the mobile phone operators would ask you to return the phone too, I had to send an old phone of mine to Dublin to be unblocked by Meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭torrentum

I agree with charlemont. I've an iPhone and moved from O2 last month. It costs me 10eur/month to run this phone now, and, 1GB of data for eur6.99. So I've the bonus tenner and eur2.01 after the data charge comes from my top up credit. Eur12.01 is plenty for me for the month. Any tech issues I had were sorted by email very quickly, and, they followed up with a phone call in one case. I'm happy enough, especially with the tesco points for credit and double points for buying credit instore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Nothing to add to this - except do people expect good service from tesco or e-mobile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭torrentum

Yes. I expect good service. And as I stated above, so far it's excellent.
    Why would anyone expect better service from O2/Voda/3??
    What's your point?

Advertisement