Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Jobs - References?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Im currently in the process of applying for jobs and I'm wondering about written references that are required. How many should I have, or from whom?... If I only had one would this disadvantage me? I currently only have one from my secondary school principal.

Also some jobs say require inspectors reports (for the h. dip i presume?) as I am currently just finished college would my application be automatically disposed of if I do not have these included? Should I bother applying for these posts?

Would really appreciate your help
    Thanks in advance
    Wivy :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Apply anyhow, you'd never know. Inspectors' report does mean someone who is probated, but give it a go, you might get subbing out of it if nothing else. In my time, you had a reference from a priest (for Catholic schools.)Would any of your tp principals know you and be happy to give you one?Have you worked say with summer camps or a a volunteer?What about a college lecturer?

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wivy

ya i have taught at music summer camps during the summer and know the school prinicipal so il look into getting a reference for that!
    thanks v. much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ToonyLoon

I am also an NQT who is applying for jobs. I intend to send copies of the inspector's reports from my TPs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wivy

thanks toonyloon! iv recently started doin that too for all its worth! haha
    sometimes wonder do they read half the flippin things! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

The inspectors reports in job ads are for probated teachers (who did their dip before 2010) only. You do not ever have to send TP reports from inspectors

• Advertisement
Advertisement