Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paperwork needed to sell yearling connemara

Options
  • 13-06-2011 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Connemara mare, fully reg and all that. I still have last years foal, off a grade II Connenmara stallion. It's a filly foal.
    I want to sell it, but don't want to go to the expense of registering it with the society, and all that.
    Is that possible? I know I will probably have to take small money for it, so want to keep the cost of preparing for sale as low as I can.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

As far as I know (but I may stand corrected) you don't actually need to have the pony registered with the Connemara Pony Society. You will, however, need to have a passport to sell the pony, but you can get that from the IHB at a small cost. Just remember to register the breeding on the passport so the next owner can register the pony if they'd like to.

Advertisement