Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keg question re-priming

Options
  • 13-06-2011 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

I have a king keg and for the second time in a row the damned thing hasnt gassified my beer! I think its because of a leak due to misshaped o ring.

Anyway we left the beer to condition for 4 weeks and no carbonationation had taken place (due to leak). Can we re-prime the beer to get it carbonated (is the yeast spent now???) or is there an alternative method we can use to fizz this baby up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 homebrew.ie

Did you use vaseline on the o ring? It should give a better seal. If the keg is leaking there isn't much point in trying to recarbonate. To test if the keg is leaking try submerging the keg in water and inject some gas if its leaking you will at least find out where it is leaking from and you will know what needs to be adjusted/replaced.

Advertisement