Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wifeslist and or quotes?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

have any of you heard about this company? Theres a deal on a website offering a discount on their services. Their own website doesnt really give that much info & is vague, so before I contact them/hand out any of my hard earned mola I was wondering if you guys had any dealings?

Or better yet, could someone please recommend a similar "handyman" who isnt a total cowboy? I've a list as long as my arm that needs doing to my house and dont have the time/knowhow/patience to do it all myself.
    Basics like touch up ceiling in bathroom over shower, fix cracks & paint, regrouting etc...

I'm also looking to get a quote for a power shower (or similar) to be fitted in my main bathroom, cheap & cheerful is all I'll need as I use the electric shower in my ensuite.
    I've already had a plumber & electrician prepare pipe/power when I bought the house, but they're still sticking out of the wall waiting for a shower a few years later!!:o

Thanks for any advice/help/quotes! :D
    Kiya

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Yeah, we should take the word of someone who registered to pimp themselves here rather than seasoned posters here,.

OP, fwiw I wouldn't take any notice of this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kiya

Thanks Fingers and thanks to the lovely boardsies who PM'd me info.
    Appreciate your time & advice.
    x
    Kiya

Kiya wrote: »
    Thanks Fingers and thanks to the lovely boardsies who PM'd me info.
    Appreciate your time & advice.
    x
    Kiya

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kiya

oh! am sorry paddy147!!!

just had internet access today cos Im away and thought id see if anyone had replied. i wrongly assumed it was me you were talking about cos normally you'd see a trace of a deleted post! forgive me?

• Advertisement

Kiya wrote: »
    oh! am sorry paddy147!!!

just had internet access today cos Im away and thought id see if anyone had replied. i wrongly assumed it was me you were talking about cos normally you'd see a trace of a deleted post! forgive me?

No worries.Water under the bridge allready and I have edited my last 2 replies too out of respect for you..:)

As Fingers has said,theres many good people on here that know what they are talking about and can advize you and maybe give you names of good quality trades people that have refferences available.

Best of luck,hope you get sorted.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

OP or anyone else out there, if you're thinking of hiring this company...DON'T! We hired them to paint our bathroom since we got a deal voucher back in August. The job went fine so we thought we'd hire them again for some more painting. After 3 missed appointments, I rang them this morning and he said he came to our place and realised who we were and said he wouldn't be doing a job at our house ever again.

Supposedly we were "ignorant" for giving him a couple of paintbrushes, some paint and letting him do his job. He never said anything at the time and didn't even bother to call this morning when he didn't show up. My wife and I wasted our time waiting for them on 3 occassions and we never had any communication that they were upset with us until today. Stay well clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Yesterday, after emailing a complaint to the deal company I got the voucher from, they gave me a refund. Result! They said this guy now operates under the name Dublin House Doctor and he's been rude to other customers of his as well. I was glad to hear that it wasn't just us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I would always suggest before hireing a person to do a job over a figure say 300 euro you ask them there trading name. If they cannot give you one dont give them a deposit until the work is done.

When they give you the trading name look up the company directors on solocheck or cro.ie. I think cro is cheaper but its hard to use.

Anyway when you have the other company names the directors worked for you can google the companies and find comment pages like this.

Perfectly legal i might add...

This is something i always rec with services companies..

Plumbers, Tilers, Electricians. etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 boardwise

Hi
    I'm also looking for a reasonable reliable handyman to do various jobs around the house. If somebody could recommend one they have used themselves and were happy with I would greatly appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

boardwise wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm also looking for a reasonable reliable handyman to do various jobs around the house. If somebody could recommend one they have used themselves and were happy with I would greatly appreciate it.
    Where are you? Somebody might then be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 boardwise

Hi 'red sean'
    I'm in the Dublin area. Thanks.

Advertisement