Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing an album

Options
  • 13-06-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Can anyone recommend a good marketing firm for promoting an album? Just been looking at a few on the internet and its feeling like a minefield!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 needlemouse

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Try here:

http://www.entertainmentarchitects.ie/Home
    Interesting reading anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭morgans303

The truth is, you can do everything right and not make any money. I have plenty of fans, but quite simply, no one wants to pay for music. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

morgans303 wrote: »
    The truth is, you can do everything right and not make any money. I have plenty of fans, but quite simply, no one wants to pay for music. Ever.
    Such is the way the industry has gone. Really for us the idea of marketing the album is to raise our profile and expose as many people as possible to our music, that way we can get more people to come to our gigs - which at the end of the day is the main source of income for bands these days

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

morgans303 wrote: »
    A sad truth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Creamy Sonic

You need to use the album as a promotional tools itself. I think there is still money in playing live and merch, perhaps licensing the music to advertising or tele. I don't really know anyone who is actually making money from music sales.

Advertisement