Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl's retro sweets are back!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I got a sugar rush by just looking at that page. Sweet divine e-numbers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Farewell fillings, it was nice having you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

my dentist has shares in lidl i reckon! :mad:

But please... no more of those rubbish lidl fake german accent adverts on the radio.... they drive me mad! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You had to post this up the moment I get back from the dentist.. didn't you!?

G'aaarrggggh! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

urgh, the Wilton bars were disgusting. I lived on them as a kid, but was so disappointed trying them & finding out they were rotten. Brought 1 pack back & got my money back & gave the other 1 away. So disappointing! Thought the brand was the Caffreys though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

What no sherbet saucers, swizzle sticks, peggys legs, rubble gum, time bars, popping candy .. useless :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Mmmm! Can't wait for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Don't push me, push a Push Pop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

lunch time primary school 80's = 10p meanies mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

Oral Slang wrote: »
    urgh, the Wilton bars were disgusting. I lived on them as a kid, but was so disappointed trying them & finding out they were rotten. Brought 1 pack back & got my money back & gave the other 1 away. So disappointing! Thought the brand was the Caffreys though.

The mint crisps and kalypso were ok, but i think you are right about the macaroons, i think these were the ones i used to buy:
    http://www.fitzpatrickwholesale.ie/product.asp?departmentid=8&majorid=3&subid=1&item=38212

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

chasm wrote: »
    The mint crisps and kalypso were ok, but i think you are right about the macaroons, i think these were the ones i used to buy:
    http://www.fitzpatrickwholesale.ie/product.asp?departmentid=8&majorid=3&subid=1&item=38212

Actually I didn't get to taste the mint crisp, presumed it'd be as bad as the macaroons. The kalipso was nice, but only because I threw away bits of the chocolate and also the fact that the toffee is lovely, so sort of negates the bad chocolate a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Oh my god:eek::eek:

O think I may arrange a dentists appointment before I go to lidl on monday...oh bring on the 80's sweeties:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You've never heard of Juicy Fruits?!!?!

I am soooo getting the I Love Sweets family bag.... dip dab!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Was in HMV today and they had some Old School chews in bags near the tills too,big on the comeback all the classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Refreshers!

Don't think I've had them since 1978.

Macrooms and Meanies; the taste of 1980s SOS time. So yuck they were yum.

I'll be breaking down the door of lidl on thurs and prob won't be able to get through my fornt door on Friday!

We should set up a SOS time thread in all things retro to compare our stashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Two words - Iced Caramels. I could eat a bag of those without stopping for air.

Although it upset me that there were rarely the same number of whites as pinks. But that's just my OCD showing out...

Advertisement