Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper Newbie - Cooking on the Road

Options
  • 13-06-2011 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi

I am a newbie and looking to purchase my first camper.

I have read all the excellent information here. Tremendous Forum.

One thing I haven't seen is info on cooking in the habitation area.

My wife and I looked at a camper at the weekend and it only had two gas rings, no grill or oven - Most LHD are like this ?

We are looking for a LHD 6 Berth with fixed bunks.

Do people have any helpful info on cooking in their campers here and abroad?

Should we try get a kitchen as far away from sleeping quarters etc?

Do you mostly use your BBQ abroad ? So is it a non issue for abroad?

Thanks in advance :D for thoughts

Ste

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭face2face

Hi there, our camper has three gas rings, but it couldn't fit two pots side by side unless they are tiny. We bought a camping kitchen in Aldi and we always set that up in the awning tent, all cooking is outside, don't want the inside to be stinky:D. We are always on a site because we have small children. Might boil water for a cuppa on the road but that's it......

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

If you can buy a British van, as they have 3 gas rings, 1electric ring, and separate grill and oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

We've no problems cooking in our van. We've got a 3 ring hob, grill and oven. Still only used the hob though...... but there's time...

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭HereAndThere

Thanks guys I may get a MH with just a three/two ring hob and look for some camping cookers in aldi/lidl. :D

Advertisement