Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I cook with this?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 3:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭

Okay so I cannot sleep because I suddenly have the munchies, I have work in the morning, missed the weekly shopping today, and my only options are

pesto, cornflour, sugar (various), olive oil, small amount of basmati rice, vanilla pods, vegetable stock, evaporated milk, cream of tartar, white wine vinegar, sweet and sour sauce, leeks, lemons, butter, cream, mayonnaise, tomato relish and dulce de leche.

There are also some stale biscuits from Christmas that are about to walk out of the cupboard, but may become tempting.

Any suggestions? Anyone know how to turn this concoction into a roast with vegetables?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Have some cereal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I would sell my body for sugar puffs right now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

The leeks can be your starter, maybe with some mayonnaise as a dip?

Use the rice and the sweet and sour sauce. This is your main course.

As for the rest of that stuff, you should throw it all in a big bowl and and mix it together. This will be your desert. I probably wouldn't include the vinegar in the same mix as the cream tho, so pick one or the other. Is it essential that you use all the ingredients?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MR Love

TBH **** all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

A nice Irish-stew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

put the rice into the vegetable stock an boil till cooked. chop up the leeks an sweat them down in some butter, when they are soft add the cream, don't over cook it.. Put some black pepper into it if ya have it.. Pour that on top of the rice when its served, an have some pesto on the side. An a squeeze of lemon. Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

Have some cereal
    later10 wrote: »
    I would sell my body for sugar puffs right now.

I just bought a box today,not even opened as I was going to have them in the morning.
    I'll give them to you,if you hold your part of the bargain?

I dont think sugar puffs combine well with man milk.:eek:

Some good suggestions, but I dont see any of them turning into anything from a Marks and Spencers food catalogue. That isnt the recession spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

You're ****ed. Do better shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

basmatti rice, sweet/sour with some veg, leeks lemons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

what the hell are ya lookin for? A 5 course meal off Gordon Ramsey? Ya have Feck all to make somethin with.. Don't blame us for u not shopping.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Keep throwing spoonfuls of sugar into the fire. Hopefully the dancing flames will take your mind off the fact that you are hungry.

Well the suggestion Balfie made was the best by a country mile, but far too much effort. Just had basmati and butter with cracked black pepper, twas minging. I almost wish I took up iguy on his sugar puffs:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

Next time, insert your ingredients here to find out what you can make with them http://www.google.com/landing/recipes/

Kepti wrote: »
    Next time, insert your ingredients here to find out what you can make with them http://www.google.com/landing/recipes/
    basic iced tea bags with sugar

thanks google!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Leek risotto. Arborio rice is far preferred, but hey, the rice you have will do. No onion? For shame. Always have a backup reserve of onions man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

if you have some female cannabis leaves floating around i would recommend you dry them at a temp of 90c in the oven for 1 minute and crush them up into flakes and put on two slices of bread into the toaster and butter them well also including good mature chedder cheese and sprinkle the crush over the cheese and grill until nice and brown.

sorts the munchies out stat.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

later10 wrote: »
    Well the suggestion Balfie made was the best by a country mile, but far too much effort. Just had basmati and butter with cracked black pepper, twas minging. I almost wish I took up iguy on his sugar puffs:mad:
    Balfie's suggestion was too much effort?! If cutting up leeks and cooking them is too much of a bother, I wonder what you expected with an ingredient hotchpotch like the one you had!

Advertisement