Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANSCHÜTZ Semi automatic rifle model 525

Options
  • 12-06-2011 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello I was thinking about buying a .22 rifle.

I already have a Gamo Shadow 640 Air Rifle and i am think about upgrading to a rimfire rifle.

I was at a gun shop and i seen a ANSCHÜTZ model 525 .22 with a blue stock and stainless steel barrel(20") and i really like the look and feel of the rifle so the guy said to me to give him €200 with my Gamo which i taught was an ok deal,the gun was second hand and in very good condition but i wanted to find out more about the reputation of the rifle before i even consider buying it but there is not a lot of information online about them, i know of the reputation of the german company that makes the gun and i have heard mixed reviews about the gun.
    I put up a sample Picture of the gun.

I am just wondering if anyone has one of these and would like to give my any information or advice, i would really appreciate it

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Don't touch it they have a bad reputation and importer here won't help you if you need it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Don't touch it they have a bad reputation and importer here won't help you if you need it

+1, absolute junk , brno make a reliable but odd looking semi-auto if you're looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

There is a new CZ on the market which I am looking at like a dog at a butchers shop. If you were going down the semi auto route I can speak highly of the Ruger 10/22 dsp or the remington 597 as I own a ruger and had a remington.

I attach a picture of my DSP

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭iTom

Things will depend on what sort of a budget you have.
    The two I recommend would be the Anschutz 1417 G or the new Ruger 10/22.
    Both guns are well built and have the heavy barrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

@ ShaneAK47: What form of target shooting do you want the new rifle for, as that will obviously dictate the kind of advice you'll get?

Personally, for "informal plinking" and rimfire sporter-type target-shooting out to about 100m, I'd go with the CZ452 - have one myself (first gun and all that) and can't beat it.

If it's R/F Gallery you're leaning toward, the Ruger 10/22 seems to be the one most lads start with, before they tweak, pimp, alter, adjust, customise, and generally improve the pretty piss-poor out-of-the-box 10/22 "accuracy".

That all said, if it's your first rimfire rifle and you want to have some fun, whilst get a decent level of reasonable accuracy day-one, to shoot bunnies, paper, or just "plink", my recommendation (over everything else) would be to get a new or good-condition second-hand CZ452 .22lr Silhouette. I am of course massively biased, not just because I have one and love it, but also because she's stood me well in the past two years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭intershoot

The Anschutz 525 never had a great reputation as the early models tended to sh**e themselves under heavy use. The action would break. they cost about £350 new, and they are ideal for a farmer or someone who want to do a bit of plinking.........not Gallery Rifle! I have no problem standing over the Anschutz rifles, and all is covered by the manufacturer.

The Ruger is the most custom friendly, and would probably be the most popular.

The Remington is a nice gun too and probably lies just above the Anschutz on price.

The Walther G22 is a nice little gun, quite funky and a great s/a action.

Never liked the Marlin, dont keep them!

Advertisement