Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louis walsh dumps boyzone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Is this for real or is it more press spam like that story written months ago (without any quoted sources) that Boyzone were splitting up that Ronan Keating denied?

I agree they aren't what they used to be but the boys appear to have no interest in splitting, they want to go on in Steo's memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

karaokeman wrote: »
    Is this for real or is it more press spam like that story written months ago (without any quoted sources) that Boyzone were splitting up that Ronan Keating denied?

I agree they aren't what they used to be but the boys appear to have no interest in splitting, they want to go on in Steo's memory.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=news&cd=1&ved=0CCoQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-2002681%2FBoyzone-ditched-Louis-Walsh-thinks-split-up.html%3Fito%3Dfeeds-newsxml&ei=3A71Te3wDYWzhAfah-TyBg&usg=AFQjCNHKH3WTKCQaewstZOMDMApnSJ0aTg&sig2=bei5zShp3eIPRmOckxAZQg

Alright well, this should be interesting.

Seen as how Ronan initially wanted their reunion to outdo Take That.

He hasn't spoken in a while about that so called "competition" but I don't see how it would work out now.

Wonder who he'll ditch next, Jedward maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I'd say there's a bit more milk in Jedward yet. However, putting Boyzone out to pasture may not be such a bad idea. And there's room in that field for Westlife too, imo.

I'd say there's a bit more milk in Jedward yet. However, putting Boyzone out to pasture may not be such a bad idea. And there's room in that field for Westlife too, imo.

No Jedward are in the same position as Boyzone were back in the 90s in their heyday.

They can't sing and people love them because their "entertaining".

The Jeds should save themselves the embarassment because more than likely they will be in Boyzone's position when they reach their mid-30s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Alright well, this should be interesting.

Seen as how Ronan initially wanted their reunion to outdo Take That.

He hasn't spoken in a while about that so called "competition" but I don't see how it would work out now.

To be fair they were never as big as Take That at the start so were never going to out do them in a tour. They milked as much as they could from Steo's death and they couldnt keep doing that plus Ronan's image was shattered by his affair.

Jedward brings in the most monies to Lulu I'd say. Westlife were dropped by Syco label this year and Wonderland havent exactly set the music world alight.

I knew it, that story was just gossip.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0613/boyzone.html

But I do think that Ronan's affair has affected his popularity. And they probably won't be able to milk in more record sales over Steo's death because it happened ages ago. These things usually occur for a short while after someone dies.

We will see when Boyzone's next album is out, which is in the autumn presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jayme101

I knew it, that story was just gossip.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0613/boyzone.html

But I do think that Ronan's affair has affected his popularity. And they probably won't be able to milk in more record sales over Steo's death because it happened ages ago. These things usually occur for a short while after someone dies.

We will see when Boyzone's next album is out, which is in the autumn presumably.

Louis Walsh has not been really managing them since Stephen died. He was not credited on their Brother album nor was he mentioned in their recent tour programme. Their real manager that has been there from the start of their come back is Mark Plunkett (he was one of the pull bearer at Stephen funeral).He has been their tour manager for 18 years. So Louis can hardly drop an act he has nothing to do with in the first place. Same goes for the fact he can't tell them to split up - that decision is not his to make.

I really can't see them ever splitting up now, they have too much history together, they may not have the big success anymore, but they will remain in the band together. If Louis "did" say all this it is pretty mean of him - but that's Louis no loyalty whats so ever. He may credit himself for making them, but he wouldn't be where he is today without them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Nobody likes an aging boyband... same reason happy days got canceled, nobody wanted to see a middle-aged Fonzie hook-up, these things have a shelf life.

Take the money and run lads while you've some semblance of dignity*.

*debatable

• Advertisement

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3649901/Walsh-split-from-yesterdays-men.html

Apparently the rumour is true Louis Walsh has left Boyzone but they have no intentions to split up.

He was quoted by Heat magazine today as saying
    "Boyzone can carry on, but it wasn't working. It was great while it lasted, but it's time for me to move on."

I just think that Louis feels lonely without Stephen Gately and seemingly the scars between himself and Ronan haven't healed yet. This would likely affect his relationship with the band and can explain his departure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Was there some sort of falling out between Ronan and satan?
    I remember one of those ITV shows where viewers voted for their favourite single of the year out of ten selected songs (usually dominated by cover versions). Anyway Ronan had his bland cover of a Garth Brooks song and satan was going on abotu how great it was. I then remember a year later or so really giving Ronan some nasty criticism, very strange turnaround. THis stuff doen't keep me awake at night (seriously), but I always found that strange.

Advertisement