Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue/Lip Piercing Qs

Options
  • 12-06-2011 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi all! I've been reading through old posts for a while, but eventually resolved to ask my questions directly!

I'm 17, turning 18 in July (finally! :D) and would really like to get both my tongue and my lip pierced. So, my first question is, how long is recommendable to wait between getting them? Or is it silly to get both? :o Looking to get a lip ring as opposed to a stud, by the way, at the side of my bottom lip.

Secondly, though this may be subjective, what order should I get them done in? Does one heal faster than the other?

And finally, in terms of the tongue bar... I've seen a lot of people on here asking about damage to teeth, but I've something more specific. I have permanent braces on the back of my front six teeth (top AND bottom). Looks like this:
    fixed-ret.jpg

Will this be an issue? Anyone else have this? :confused:

Thanks for reading! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Not an expert but getting both done together shouldn't be a problem.

Ask you piercer when you go in sure. Best way to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I would personally wait until one has healed- so eight weeks or so.
    I have been pierced many times and got a fair few piercings done in the space of a few months, but always waited til one had healed.

It's not silly to have both at all, get what you want done. I have both done and love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kt.alice

ElleEm wrote: »
    I would personally wait until one has healed- so eight weeks or so.
    I have been pierced many times and got a fair few piercings done in the space of a few months, but always waited til one had healed.

It's not silly to have both at all, get what you want done. I have both done and love them!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Defnitely wait until you get one heals before you get another. Because the tongue and lip can swell a lot after getting pierced, I can't imagine it'd be comfortable getting both done at the same time! Both piercings are easy enough to heal so it's down to preference on which you want first :) Also get a bar instead of a ring in your lip while it's healing as the ring can move around a lot and drag little crusties into the piercing.

Also get a bar instead of a ring in your lip while it's healing as the ring can move around a lot and drag little crusties into the piercing.

Thanks, I'll definitely do that so! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah just switch to a ring if you want when it's healed :)

No-one have any idea about the braces? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Somekindanut

I had my tongue pierced for 4 years only recently took it out. I loved it and wore plastic balls all the time. The balls have made the gums of my front bottom teeth really recede and expose some of the root.

Maybe I just left bar in too long?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Tongue pierced about 5 months now and also only wear plastic balls. Never notice it hitting/ rubbing off teeth or gums. Maybe the placement was always wrong on your tongue?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Somekindanut

Don't think so. I never noticed either , just said I'd take it out before they got any worse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NinaGE

don´t think the braces are a problem.
    I´ve got my tongue pierced for 10 years now and no problem with teeth.
    just make sure your stick has the right length after swelling. my piercer cutted the stick after healing to my individual demand.

Advertisement