Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abuse of the Eldery Irish in Homes - Rostrevor

Options
  • 12-06-2011 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

When are we going to rise up and stop this madness, its sick something has to be done to protect our most vulnerable in society, and foreign nationals are also responsible for some of this abuse, who will no doubt continue to work in our care system with no charges being made, were a joke of a country and nation what an absolute disgrace!!...

Do we all feel like old age isnt going to knock on our door someday!!??

i mean is there even a post on here about this?? :mad: :mad: :mad:!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Richard Neylon1

couldnt agree more, we are asleep the whole country, what the hell is in our water???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

To be fair HIQA did it's job and closed down this nursing home.
    Ten years ago it would have been swept under the carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Brown envelopes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

The Irish Independent reports that staff members reported incidents to HIQA in a location away from Rostrevor, as they feared for their jobs and working visas.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/elderly-residents-allegedly-kicked-and-slapped-at-rostrevor-house-nursing-home-151312-Jun2011/

It takes a lot for people to risk their job to save others, I mean a lot of abuse. Therese Lipsett I would say is a typical greedy, heartless wench. She was cute enough to make her daughters (3) directors of the home. And when journalists want to speak to someone, the young blonde daughter gets shoved in front of the cameras, because she looks so harmless, nice image for the home.

Something definitely stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

and foreign nationals are also responsible for some of this abuse, who will no doubt continue to work in our care system with no charges being made,

What has nationality got to do with it - your really undermine your own argument with this kind of rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

What f ucking cheek they have treating the elderly like that, no f ucking respect:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

http://www.thejournal.ie/elderly-residents-allegedly-kicked-and-slapped-at-rostrevor-house-nursing-home-151312-Jun2011/

It takes a lot for people to risk their job to save others, I mean a lot of abuse. Therese Lipsett I would say is a typical greedy, heartless wench. She was cute enough to make her daughters (3) directors of the home. And when journalists want to speak to someone, the young blonde daughter gets shoved in front of the cameras, because she looks so harmless, nice image for the home.

Something definitely stinks.

My Dad is currently in Rostrevor house, He's been there for 2 years approx. The atmosphere in the place is weird. Rostrevor staff are still there but the Hiqa and Hse staff are there also. Its very cramped and this is effecting the Residents that are still in the Home. My own Dad seems quite agitated at the moment (since this news of abuse broke and the HSE and HiQa stepped in). It has taken him until now to settle into Rostrevor House and and he is very happy with the staff and his surroundings. We (his family) are dreading him trying to settle elsewhere as it will be very upsetting for him.

I know the guy in question(Mr. P) and am at a loss thinking how he could have done this. He is so nice, so respectful and gentle with my father that I just dont understand. To be honest I dont know what to believe.
    I would personally like to say that all the staff at Rostrevor House have been great and supportive to my dad, all the other residents and their families.

Hopefully this can be sorted out soon so that my father and all the other residents can get own with what is supposed to be their golden years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

I've just finished a Fetac Level 5 HCA course, and although the state has been a long time in rolling out courses and even recognising the qualification, it is a step in the right direction. I signed up for it after being sickened at the neglect my mother endured in a hospital and wanted to ensure other people were safe and looked after, something that seemed to be quite lacking in said hospital.

I did six months work experience in a nursing home, and was relieved to see that every i was dotted and every t crossed with no room for abuse or undue restraint or blackmail or any of the other horrible aspects a select few places still have. It's thankfully more of a rarity since the Leas Cross explosion, but my heart genuinely goes out to anyone affected by this sort of behaviour--residents or relatives. I adored working in the nursing home, so many histories and jokes and phrases that are disappearing...a simple chat can provide a goldmine of good fun!

Age isn't a disability. Not being able to walk or see or talk or eat without assistance does not make you less of a person or entitle you to fewer rights. The elderly need to be reassured that fear-mongering and restraining are no longer present, and allow them the chance to enjoy their time in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JokeOFaNation

optogirl wrote: »
    What has nationality got to do with it - your really undermine your own argument with this kind of rubbish

it has everything to do with it, untrained animals from foriegn lands, who can barely speak the same language, abusing irish people on their own soil is a treasonous act allowed by our government, did you not see the prime time doc earlier in the year... ITS SICK!!!

327689_jpg_75483t.jpg

Above, Rostrevor Nursing Home, run by millionaire Therese Lipsett (above, with her daughters Sarah Therese and Roz, at right), whose residents have been living in shocking conditions. Breached fire safety regulations, unhygienic kitchens, filthy bed linen and bedsores infected with faeces are just some of the findings of SWHB investigations..

Dont be listing to the disinfo posts on here defending these scumbags, the results are from the health board inquiry not some made up trash story!!!....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

it has everything to do with it, untrained animals from foriegn lands, who can barely speak the same language, abusing irish people on their own soil is a treasonous act allowed by our government, did you not see the prime time doc earlier in the year... ITS SICK!!!

327689_jpg_75483t.jpg

Above, Rostrevor Nursing Home, run by millionaire Therese Lipsett (above, with her daughters Sarah Therese and Roz, at right), whose residents have been living in shocking conditions. Breached fire safety regulations, unhygienic kitchens, filthy bed linen and bedsores infected with faeces are just some of the findings of SWHB investigations..

Dont be listing to the disinfo posts on here defending these scumbags, the results are from the health board inquiry not some made up trash story!!!....

Way out of order. Unadulterated racism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

327689_jpg_75483t.jpg

Well considering the Minister for Health bestmate is a doctor who has interests with his wife the councillor in nursing homes I can't see too much done in the area apart from the private homes increasing the nursing home fees.

Way out of order. Unadulterated racism.

in the words of steve hughes i cant reply to your comment other than watch this clilp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-JxA9Rvs8I&feature=related

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Well considering the Minister for Health bestmate is a doctor who has interests with his wife the councillor in nursing homes I can't see too much done in the area apart from the private homes increasing the nursing home fees.

viva la revolution!!!!!!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Thread locked due to racism and due to OP using a different account to bump the thread at the start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement