Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new phone?

Options
  • 12-06-2011 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭

hey im looking for a new phone.I've got around €150 euro to spend must have wifi and preferably 3g.any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

If you can stretch your budget a bit more you can get an iPhone/Top spec Android competitor by buying this:

http://www.amazon.de/LG-Smartphone-Touchscreen-interner-Speicher/dp/B0044BCTU0

Windows Phone 7 has a very nice UI to use while having a great App development base. 5MP camera too for HD video recording, 3.8" display, 16GB memory, 3G, Wi-Fi. Everything you could want really.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

thanks for that but i just realised it only ships to germany :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

thanks for that but i just realised it only ships to germany :(

This thread is proof it ships here:> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056263837

You just have to select the right seller from the right hand side

thanks i just ordered it do you know what networks it can use?

any network, its SIM unlocked.

• Advertisement

okay thanks wasnt sure

hey the phone just arrived and it says it can only use vodafone and it also wont let me install any apps.does anyone know why?

What does it say when you put in a SIM from a different network? To install the apps you must setup a windows live account. If you are still having trouble take a look at this thread about the phone and you can see how to resolve the issues if they continue. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056263837&page=32

it says the sim is inactive.it came in a vodafone box and it says vodafone 360 on it so im just after ordering a vodafone sim for it anyway.i was using an o2 sim

Sorry you had to change network :(. That really shouldn't have happened as everyone else who bought that phone said they could use different networks SIMs in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

it says the sim is inactive.it came in a vodafone box and it says vodafone 360 on it so im just after ordering a vodafone sim for it anyway.i was using an o2 sim

Are you sure you put it in the right way?

yea it just says the sim is invalid.it doesnt really matter sure i can keep my number anyway.thanks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

hey the phone just arrived and it says it can only use vodafone and it also wont let me install any apps.does anyone know why?

Hang on...I put my sim in the wrong way when i got mine. It looks odd, but try flipping it around.

The phone was unlocked. I bought the same one, from the same seller. Had the same issue, and realised i was being a silly billy!

hehe thanks i just did that and its working fine but when i try to download apps it says it cant get this information at the moment

Get the Latest updates from Zune and make a Windows Live account and you should be able to download away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

You can create your live account here:

https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?lic=1

Advertisement