Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat had abortion. now producing milk?

Options
  • 11-06-2011 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

A stray cat turned up at my house recently so I took it to the vet to get spayed. It turned out that she was pregnant but they were still able to do the operation and the kittens were aborted. (not very nice I know)

Anyway that was two weeks ago and now she looks like she is starting to produce milk?? Is this possible? and if it is will it be a problem for her.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

she will still have the pregnancy hormones flowing through her body for a bit. so completely possible. cant see how it would harm her. it'll go away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

This is not too unusual at all and should go away on its own. If it doesn't show signs of stopping after a week/10 days she may need to go to a vet to get some hormones to stop it but it really should clear on its own without a litter suckling from her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 tommyp

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

tommyp wrote: »

Reported.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

tommyp wrote: »

Permanent ban given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rabbit.84

Il keep an eye on her so. Hopefully it will go away with no problems.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Can people stop reporting this thread.The user was dealt with 2 days ago.No need to keep reporting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Can people stop reporting this thread.The user was dealt with 2 days ago.No need to keep reporting it.

:D Bet you're sorry now about all those times you've told us to report instead of respond. :pac:

Whispered wrote: »
    :D Bet you're sorry now about all those times you've told us to report instead of respond. :pac:

Not really but if people read the thread they`d see I dealt with it yesterday :D:D

3 more reports today :rolleyes:

Can people please stop reporting this thread.

This was dealt with almost 2 months ago.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement