Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who on here is "in the trade"?

Options
  • 11-06-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

The Motorhome , and caravan trade that is?

Just curious , might be best to PM me , so as not to upset the Moderators.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

It's a good question and the more the merrier. It could be an opportunity for a cheap plug for your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

stapeler wrote: »
    It's a good question and the more the merrier. It could be an opportunity for a cheap plug for your business.

How do you make that out,,,when you dont know why he is asking the question :confused::confused::confused:

elaverty wrote: »
    How do you make that out,,,when you dont know why he is asking the question :confused::confused::confused:

Okay, worded badly. I was inviting people in the trade to give their business a plug.
    I'll rephrase my post.
    It could be an opportunity for anybody to introduce themselves and give their business a mention.

We have quiet a few on here that are in the trade and it would be nice to hear from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I have no ulterior motive . And I deliberately didn't want it to become an "advertising your business" thread tbh .

My reason for posing the question was so as to make a few contacts in other parts of the country , so that perhaps we could give each other a "dig out" if a customer was in bother far from home.

Feel free to close the thread if that is deemed unfit.

I was thinking on the same lines, We have a few contributors on here that are in the trade If I found myself stuck somewhere around the country I might have someone on here that I could contact for a dig out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Well Aiden I'll get the ball rolling because I was never afraid to give myself a plug on here as Im sure you have all noticed. By the way I did get permission from a friendly mod to promote my business here a long time ago.
    My name is Kevin Ryan from Castlebar. Ireland West motorhomes is the name of my little company. We only do campervans for rent/hire at the moment but in time we may expand into sales, servicing etc. We are approx 18 months in business and definitely still learning the ropes. We operate from a yard at our house thus keeping the overheads down.
    My partner Helen is a joint owner and shares the workload. We both still work full time away from the rental business so its quite hectic fitting everything in. Despite the hard work we are enjoying it and look forward to going full time in the not too distant future.
    We have the most modern rental vehicles in the country which includes some 2011 Swift Escapes.
    If I can think of anything else I'll stick it in later.

Kevin. www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Howya Kevin , and thanks for starting off .
    In a similar vein , I'm in the workshop at Pat Horan Motors , Pat is my Dad, we are a small family business comprising of my parents , myself , my two sisters part time , and the odd time a family friend who is a carpenter . We're in north Tipp , 15 miles from Nenagh and Roscrea, 10 from Birr , and 7 from Portumna . We've been the South's sole Adria dealer for a few years now , and in the last while we also got the franchises for Elddis and Frankia .

We are camper people ourselves , I have a faint memory of Dad building a Hiace Van conversion about 28-29 years ago...we thought we were the Kings of the road..

We do everything on site , from services and timing belts to fridges and gas items . The only work we out source to professionals is major bodywork , and Alarm fitting . Everything else , Air-Cons , Towbars , Sat-Nav , Cruise Controls , Solar panels , Satellite systems etc , I do in our own workshop .

The work is hard at times , and often I work 12+ hour days to get customers going , but it's generally worth it to see the smile on peoples faces .

oh and as stated elsewhere.....my name's not Aidan....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    oh and as stated elsewhere.....my name's not Aidan....lol

So do we call you "not Aiden" or what??:D

Advertisement