Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very old coinage

Options
  • 11-06-2011 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have a british coin from 1896 SNIP. Please message me and SNIP I will send you a picture. I also have many old irish coins from the 30's , 40's , 50's , 60's and so on. I also have U.S coins from the 60's. SNIP. Thank you

Moderator Warning,No buying or selling is permitted on the forum,all items for sale can be placed on www.adverts.ie and a link to that advert can then be placed here in this thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

This forum isn't for selling your coins, try using Adverts.ie and be sure to post photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, British coins from Queen Victoria forward were in general circulation in Ireland right up to decimalisation day in 1971 so although 1896 seems like a long time ago, unless the coin you have is in exceptionally good condition and comparatively rare, it's probably not worth much. The same applies to any 20th century British or Irish coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭carveone

Thanks coylemj. Never knew that. I've seen quite a few Victorian era coins around and you think they might have value but evidently they're pretty common.

I have an odd one which is of Victoria in the centre and then the names of Kings and Queens which preceded her radiating from the centre. Can't be a coin though, must be some sort of memorial thing... Those things are probably common enough in the North or in the UK...

Advertisement