Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2's new album put on hold til 2012

Options
  • 11-06-2011 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Meant to be out by now.

Dreadful it is but Bono said its the best decision to make with the whole Spider-Man musical.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0610/u2.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Terrible news. I mean about U2 bringing out a new album. Hopefully the apocolypse will have happened by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

They release albums every 4/5 years or so nowadays so no huge surprise tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

I used to love U2 but Jesus Christ theyre long past it,they havent made a great album since "Achtung Baby",and havent made a good one since "Zooropa",thats going back 20 and 18 years respectively......:eek:

Everything since has been a desperate attempt to sell records and/or be down with the kids,theyre just pathetic now,i gave up buying the new albums after atyclb,thought it was horrible bland ****e* but i thought the next one will probably be a lot better,they wont repeat themselves.......then we got htdaab.....oh dear....

The last one was the sound of a band torn between being "experimental"(by U2 standards at least)and trying to flog records(i.e the horrendous "Get On Your Boots",worst song theyve ever done imo)the worst lyrics Bonos ever done too(on the whole album that is)

Id love....love to see U2 just go into a studio and make the best album they can,none of this "how will this do in middle America?" crap,no trying to be relevent,current whatever......just make good music!!!

Needed that:o

*I actually liked a few off it,at the time i thought it was crap,i havent liked anything at all from the next two so i was doing better than i thought!("Kite","Wild Honey" and "Walk On")

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Rumour has it that the reason for the delay is that the Edge is learning chord number 7 in his repetoire, and is trying out the combination of 17 delay pedals linked in a chain.

Double post!

• Advertisement

So,this is the reason for the delay.......the Spiderman soundtrack *pisses self laughing* 1916259.gif

What in the name of God where they thinking???

http://entimg.msn.com/i/asx/audio_streams/Spiderman_TurnofftheDark.asx

Bono is only on a couple,for the others they have another guy trying to sing like him(no really).......listen out for the really camp disco one near the end

Full link here http://entertainment.msn.com/beacon/editorial10.aspx?icid=ENTERTAINMENT1&GT1=ENTERTAINMENT1&ptid=d652697e-6f04-4614-bf28-2d97b0c02e14&silentchk=1&wa=wsignin1.0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Every album U2 have produced has been quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

Classic U2. Not getting on with their new album because of a musical. Thats rock and roll all right. Typical U2, putting a show before good music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Aren't they putting a lot of money into this musical? It will never make back the money spent on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Is Dangermouse still producing it?

I really wanted to hear Bono begin a track by spouting "Howdy Danger, much obliged for the beat..." or something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I used to love U2 but Jesus Christ theyre long past it,they havent made a great album since "Achtung Baby",and havent made a good one since "Zooropa",thats going back 20 and 18 years respectively......:eek:

Everything since has been a desperate attempt to sell records and/or be down with the kids,theyre just pathetic now,i gave up buying the new albums after atyclb,thought it was horrible bland ****e* but i thought the next one will probably be a lot better,they wont repeat themselves.......then we got htdaab.....oh dear....

The last one was the sound of a band torn between being "experimental"(by U2 standards at least)and trying to flog records(i.e the horrendous "Get On Your Boots",worst song theyve ever done imo)the worst lyrics Bonos ever done too(on the whole album that is)

Id love....love to see U2 just go into a studio and make the best album they can,none of this "how will this do in middle America?" crap,no trying to be relevent,current whatever......just make good music!!!

Needed that:o

I agree, the last really great album was 'Achtung Baby'.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Small mercies

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Aren't they putting a lot of money into this musical? It will never make back the money spent on it.
    If it gets off the ground they could make a absolute fortune long term.

To throw on top of the 100s of millions they already have? Bono is worth a few 100 million from his investment in Facebook,let alone his U2 money.....just saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Can they not put it on hold until 2112?

Past their best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

When will the queue be starting outside HMV, Grafton Street?

Advertisement