Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goggles 4 U discount

Options
  • 11-06-2011 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

Goggles4u bargains are not as good as they used to be with the introduction of the .co.uk domain, but try 'UKspecial' and you will get £22 sterling off the total.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

I also first thought that they UK site would be far more expensive.

Its true that the full prices (before discounts) on the UK site is much higher but the discounts are also a lot bigger, so they kind of cancel each other out.

Like you say on the UK site they do a discout of £22 = $35, whereas AFAIK the US site only did a $16 discount - which is only about £10.

I priced the specs I got through the US site a few months ago which were $13.98 after discounts. Same frames come to £7.98 on the UK site after discounts. So that's about the same price really in euro terms from either site.

I think if buying the most expensive frames you are better off taking the 40% discount (DEAL 40) than the £22 off (UK Special).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I was put off by the length of the delivery time from the US site (around 3-4 weeks). Is it any quicker through the UK site?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 macmansion

No, the delivery time was the same (almost 4 weeks) for me. Also the lenses were incorrectly fitted with the prisms off-centre.
    But they're so cheap I'm willing to give them another go!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

My first order from US site arrived in just under three weeks.

Currently waiting for an order I made on May 14th from UK site.

They don't email to let you know when they ship stuff but if you keep an eye on the site you will you see your order go from "In process" to "shipped" eventually.

Stuff is not coming from US as far as I can see. When I ordered off the US site mine were assembled/made in Pakistan and postmark was Holland I think.

I'm waiting on sunglasses. The wait doesn't bother me much. They wouldn't have got much use over the last month.:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I recently got mine from the uk in about 10 days from order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

ordered one pair normal post and another express delivery - on the same day - so will see if any difference :p

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Got this on the FB page, haven't tried it so not sure if it works or not.

Free pair eyeglasses from Goggles4u with code 20062011g0ggles

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

magicEye wrote: »
    Got this on the FB page, haven't tried it so not sure if it works or not.

Free pair eyeglasses from Goggles4u with code 20062011g0ggles

doesnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

DEAL40 worked for me last week to get 40% off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bluebirds

Compared with Goggles4U, I prefer Zennioptical.com. Although Zenni never offer any discount, their prices are still much better. And I like their huge selection of frames. It only took 9 days for my last pair of eyeglasses from Zenni showed up at my door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

bluebirds wrote: »
    Compared with Goggles4U, I prefer Zennioptical.com. Although Zenni never offer any discount, their prices are still much better.
    On rimless anyway, goggles4u are a fair bit cheaper.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement