Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've heard of patching up a camper , but...

Options
  • 11-06-2011 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

....this took the biscuit!!

Was washing the roof of one today , and noticed some white Duck Tape strips across where there was once a bracket... pulled up the tape to find this
    patch2.jpg

patch3.jpg

patch.jpg

Bicycle tire patches to seal over screw holes? That's a new one......:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Well erm........ at least its ummm............ errr................. creative thinking?:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

so you think I should leave it? Damn... waste of time cutting an alloy plate , bonding it to the roof , and screwing a new Roof Gallery Bracket down to that, with bigger Stainless steel screws? Feck.......

LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Should have gone with the torch on felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    so you think I should leave it? Damn... waste of time cutting an alloy plate , bonding it to the roof , and screwing a new Roof Gallery Bracket down to that, with bigger Stainless steel screws? Feck.......

LOL!

Cutting? Screwing?.
    Just remember the old adage: If it doesn't move and it should - WD40.
    If it moves and it shouldn't - Duct tape.

Works every time for me :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

ummm... I'll make note of that for the day you ak me about a trade in...lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement