Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very chilly in wexford today

Options
  • 10-06-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭

I know we have a nationwide thread for this already, but I have just seen that we now start local area threads related to the main ones.

Anyway, it felt cold in wexford today, bit of a hail shower too.

:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    I know we have a nationwide thread for this already, but I have just seen that we now start local area threads related to the main ones.

Anyway, it felt cold in wexford today, bit of a hail shower too.

I'm sure the mods will know which thread should be closed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Rougies wrote: »

Ah, then it will be a case of one rule for us, one rule for the dubs. I don't think boards.ie are in the business of discrimination;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

No more than 10 degrees all day - but at least its dry and calm.

More worried about the forecast for Wexford Park from 5pm to 8.30pm tomorrow evening

More worried about the forecast for Wexford Park from 5pm to 8.30pm tomorrow evening

Start a thread about it, then we can discuss it there:)

Ah, then it will be a case of one rule for us, one rule for the dubs. I don't think boards.ie are in the business of discrimination;)

Ah, I don;t think the same rules can apply as one thread was legitimately started to discuss a significant local weather event in a densely populated area, whilst the other was started as a means to vent bitterness, jealousy, anger, inferiority ... (or whatever your problem is, I'm no psychologist) with no positive addition to the weather forum other than showing us all your inner child :)

• Advertisement

Ah, I don;t think the same rules can apply as one thread was legitimately started to discuss a significant local weather event in a densely populated area, whilst the other was started as a means to vent bitterness, jealousy, anger, inferiority ... (or whatever your problem is, I'm no psychologist) with no positive addition to the weather forum other than showing us all your inner child :)

One is an expression of self importance, the other is a peaceful protest:pac:

I always found the innerchild is lacking in dubs, to be fair:)

Back on topic, it is quite cold here now. Any other reports from around county wexford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Sweet shag all in Tuam today, this is what the nation should really be talking about. :mad:

Sweet shag all in Tuam today, this is what the nation should be really talking about. :mad:

Tuam thread that way>>>>>

One is an expression of self importance, the other is a peaceful protest:pac:

I always found the innerchild is lacking in dubs, to be fair:)

Back on topic, it is quite cold here now. Any other reports from around county wexford?

Well your thread is doing really well now, I hope that
    gives you a good boost to your self importance/esteem/righteousness :)

Yeah us dubs tend to supress our inner child as it tends to bring back horrific memories of being buried under 12 feet of snow for months on end, massive thunderstorms where lightning hit every house in the city, and hurricanes that swept away our beloved pets into the night. And getting beaten with sticks on a regular basis :pac:

Back on topic, there's a nasty looking shower just off the coast of Gorey, could soak some people if it came ashore.

Tuam thread that way>>>>>

Yeah feck off DE, we're trying to have an intelligent conversation :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Yeah, cold here too just south of Gorey. Gone dark as well. Much darker than Dublin. We're badly in need of some sunlight. Much more needy than Dublin.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Ah it's ok, the mods have spoken, no more regional threads, you can close this one.

And regards the second last post in the dublin thread, i slept very well, away from the light and noise pollution, and the urban heat island which makes the nights so unbearable up there:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Not having regional threads does go to some peoples heads though (not talking about you in particular Beasterly) but when there was snow event forecast for Ulster at some period last year (and only Ulster) a load of people had a hissy fit saying the 'Snow for Ulster' thread shouldn't be allowed lol.
    This is the weather forum afterall and some regions may have one weather event separate from the rest of the Island.
    The people that complain about such scenarios should skip their local TD and go straight to Mother Nature with their complaints.

P.S The closure of the Dublin thunderstorm thread is fine though since there was already one big thread for that.

Looks like they did:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

A thread about the weather? Making small talk is bad enough in real life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Fbjm wrote: »
    A thread about the weather? Making small talk is bad enough in real life

Actually a forum about the weather . . .:pac:

Advertisement