Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of internally bleaching 2 teeth €500?

Options
  • 10-06-2011 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi guys,

My two front teeth have been root canalled and are discoloured as a result (a sea saw accident when I was 7 – the guy was much bigger than me!:eek:). I am considering getting them both internally bleached and got quoted €500 for the two. Is this a reasonable price? And would people recommend it? I do not have the money for two crowns. Thanks in advance! :)

Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

The price is fine if it is being done correctly. Ensure this includes the two fillings that go back on the teeth after bleaching. If done correctly the teeth should be fine if not there can be problems, talk to your dentist about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Hi Noel,

I've had this done a few times. Its a pretty simple procedure. You can actually smell the bleach when its been done! The first time i had it done it worked really well and lasted a couple of years. I since had it done again and it didnt work AT ALL. It just didn't take for whatever reason. The dentist didnt charge me. Now I have to have a venner because it's gone grey again.

Definately go for it, it makes such a difference. The grey tint is horrible I always notice it if someone has it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 noelh

Thanks guys. Yeah I definitely would like to get it done and hopefully when I'm making some big bucks can get it done properly. I'm moving to the USA shortly and discoloured teeth would stand out a lot more over there! Dam Americans with their perfect teeth :D I'm guessing dental treatment is more costly over there - although my new job has dental cover I think! I must look into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

noelh wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Yeah I definitely would like to get it done and hopefully when I'm making some big bucks can get it done properly. I'm moving to the USA shortly and discoloured teeth would stand out a lot more over there! Dam Americans with their perfect teeth :D I'm guessing dental treatment is more costly over there - although my new job has dental cover I think! I must look into it :)

I know nothing of American insurance but if it is anything like Irish med/dent insurance you should be careful of a lead in time and if this discoloration is classed as a pre-existing condition.... Therefore it will not be covered and you will pay the dollars...... Be careful

OS

Thanks for the heads up OS - I'm getting the procedure done tomorrow hopefully I'll have a smile like tiger woods after it - (without the bad rep). I will read into the US Dentistry plan and see what it covers - cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 165 ✭✭narddog

Am currently working in the US, and am using my wife's dental insurance. Bleaching would come under cosmetic dentistry for all dental insurance plans over here, for which you get no help. Major dental work like Crowns and Implants are affordable with good insurance. Without insurance, the prices increase dramatically.

Thanks for all your help. I got the procedure done and extremely happy with it. For other readers here is what it involved: 1) Dentist made gum shield 2)
    Dentist put two holes into back of root canalled teeth 2) put whitening gel into holes in teeth and into gum shield every hour for 3-4 days (inc wearing overnight) cost 500 euro. My teeth came out perfect and are uber white :D:D:D bring on the yanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

are uber white :D:D:D bring on the yanks!

You will fit right in now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Orthoman

Thanks for the heads up OS - I'm getting the procedure done tomorrow hopefully I'll have a smile like tiger woods after it - (without the bad rep). I will read into the US Dentistry plan and see what it covers - cheers!

Be careful what you wish for. Tiger Woods has 1 dark front tooth!

Advertisement