Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lager Kits

Options
  • 10-06-2011 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I want a beer that is light and easy to drink like a Miller or a Carlsberg. I am not expecting the same quality. However what kit (software, have the hardware already...kit a confusing term) would you recommend, bearing in mind that it is my first try at homebrewing beer?

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

The basic Coopers Lager kit comes out very nice, especially if you let it sit in bottles somewhere cool for a few weeks. You should have no problem coming out with a beer better than Miller or Carlsberg, if that's your aim.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Personally I'd go for something like Woodforde's Wherry if I wanted light and easy to drink. Lager kits have given me unlagerlike off-flavours that don't come through in light ales.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Coopers Australian Pale Ale is great. Lighter taste and nicer than the 'Lager' kit.

Advertisement