Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judo/Jiu-Jitsu in Mayo region?

Options
  • 10-06-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of any judo/bjj clubs in Mayo? Or any other martial arts for that matter? I know there are karate clubs but i'd like to try something new (muay thai etc).

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

Sligo BJJ is close by, they are representing Team Alliance in Ireland, Alliance is probably the most successful BJJ team in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 strumindaguitar

da-bres wrote: »
    Sligo BJJ is close by, they are representing Team Alliance in Ireland, Alliance is probably the most successful BJJ team in the world.

I'd only love to train there, but sligo is too far away :-/ I'm looking for somewhere around Westport/Castlebar. Thanks though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭d_jordan

I have started training with a group of guys in crossmolina/balllina region. We train boxing, kickboxing, san shou. We also do jiu jitsu for fun, I'm only a white belt(but I'm all they got!!!) I show them what I pick up training in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

http://www.martialartsmayo.com/

First class is free..

ScareGilly wrote: »
    http://www.martialartsmayo.com/

First class is free..

Brilliant! :D Exactly what i'm lookin for! I never knew about this place, i'll head down tomorrow for a bjj class. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

How did you get on, were is this located

I got on great! Classes start with a warm up then we are thought new submissions, set ups, holds etc. Then for the last 30 mins or so we have a few matches. It's located in the westport industrial park on the newport road.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

Thanks for that, not exactly sure about the location as im bassed in castlebar was hoping to get somthing in the castlebar area, but looking unlikely.

Advertisement